DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z5-hdr-fx1000/)
-   -   Question about MRC1K (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z5-hdr-fx1000/522253-question-about-mrc1k.html)

Denny Gulvas March 15th, 2014 05:15 PM

Question about MRC1K

The manual for the Sony MRCK1 is very vague in many respects. Can someone tell me if there is a way to display on the screen of my Z5-U what is going on through the MRCK-1 (timecode, battery level etc.)? When I`m recording the only indications I`m seeing on the LCD screen are standby-record and time remaining on card in relation to what`s going to the MRCK-1. Thank you...

Adam Gold March 15th, 2014 05:23 PM

re: Question about MRC1K

Yes, I believe that's pretty much all you can get. The rest is on the MRC. Although p 142 of your Z5 manual shows other indicators that will be lit when you have the MRC connected, such as the i.Link, CF and EXT REC CTRL indicators. The timecode should be the same on your MRC as on your Cam, and if the MRC is snapped to the back of your Z5 there is only one batt level to monitor, which is the one on your cam. If it's using the cradle for some reason, then it makes sense to have it on the MRC's screen.

Leslie Wand March 15th, 2014 06:06 PM

timecode, battery level etc.

they're on the display in the z5. what in particularly are you looking for?

Denny Gulvas March 16th, 2014 06:33 AM

When running only the MRCK1 alone without tape, I do not have timecode registering on camera`s LCD. while shooting...

Leslie Wand March 16th, 2014 06:55 AM

ah, i've never noticed that - interesting and i should imagine annoying...

i always run tape even though i never use it - i like the instant archiving of raw material.

Adam Gold March 16th, 2014 11:57 AM

It's showing on mine.

Of course, I always use Free Run, real time. It shows whether or not I am recording, whether or not there is a card inserted in the MRC.

It's the cam that generates all this info and sends to the MRC, not the other way around. So if you are not seeing on the Z5 screen, it is a Z5 setting, not an MRC issue. The MRC only records and displays what you send it from your Z5. The MRC should merely echo the TC that it is getting from the Z5.

Make sure you carefully go through your DISPLAY SET and TC/UB SET menus on the Z5 (and of course in the manual).

Denny Gulvas March 18th, 2014 04:49 PM

Thank you for the information, as always it`s very helpful and greatly appreciated!

Adam Gold March 19th, 2014 10:17 AM

Re: Question about MRC1k

Note that the unit is called an MRC1k or just MRC1. I'm including that here so this thread will come up in any sub-forum searches on the unit name.

Pete Bauer March 19th, 2014 11:48 AM

Re: Question about MRC1K

Thread title amended.