DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   Going from DSR 370 to S270, what's the difference? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/111656-going-dsr-370-s270-whats-difference.html)

Alfred Okocha January 5th, 2008 04:07 AM

Going from DSR 370 to S270, what's the difference?

Hello!

I'm the owner of a DSR 370 camera and it's usually used for, shorts, news gathering, TV progs and documentaries. While I edit some of the simpler stuff at home by myself the important stuff is edited by pros.

SD is still working in the country I'm in but it's really time to start plan for the future (well, present).

The S 270 looks really good to me because the jump from a DSR 370 would be small , I guess? But what else do I need to know about diffferences shooting SD and HDV? I guess I won't be lugging around my field monitor anymore..

Editingwise, what do I eed to know about the upgrade from SD to HDV? (I'm using FCP and a TRV-19 as a deck. (Does anybody still remember the TRVs.. hehe)

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Joel Brooks January 5th, 2008 02:59 PM

Alfred,

Yes, I think that would be a good move into the HDV world. As far as editing solutions, I am an advocate user of the powerful, yet easy to use Macrosystem Smart Edit 6, and now OS 7 just relaeased, Casablanca NLE systems. They can edit full HDV or DV video and they are very stable stand alone systems. Contact me off line at: joel_brooks_113@hotmail.com and I will give more information and a dealer contact that I recommend.

Joel Brooks
Video Producer

Alfred Okocha January 10th, 2008 11:16 AM

I just had a loo at the broshure (again..), is the lens more or less like one on a PD 170?

I mean it's not a "proper" lens but one with that difficult focus ring that you can turn forever?
I was kind of hoping that it would be just like the DSR cameras..

Thanks.

Tom Pauncz January 11th, 2008 07:23 PM

Alfred,
As far as I am aware, the focusing is nothing like the PD170. It's just like the focusing on the new EX1, with the slide ring. As well, this camera will take the real expensive lenses, with the right adapter, used on the full size DSR rigs from SONY.

I am going to this one as soon as it hits the shelves, sometime in February, here in Toronto. I can hardly wait. I am coming from a VX2000.

I just love the ability to go to both tape and CF card at the same time, or even just to CF card, without tape.

Tom

Joel Brooks January 11th, 2008 09:00 PM

I am excited about the Z7U myself. I am leaning towards this camera vs the EX because of the hybrid capability. I know the EX is great, it just seems that it has some issues and bugs that need to be worked out. With the recently announced 32 and 48 gig cards, this camera will sell like hotcakes.
My 2 cents worth.

Joel Brooks
Video Producer