To Sell HDV filmed by Z7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 10th, 2008, 12:43 AM   #1
Major Player

To Sell HDV filmed by Z7

Is there any way to convert HDV to full HD; will I be able to sell my footage/film to ANY TV station/studio etc. or they will require at least entry level CineAlta Ex1
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #2
Major Player

Master to HDCAM, and don't tell them where it came from. That's what I plan to do.
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Saw this tonight in a thread in the EX1 section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston View Post
Michael, Sony's official view is that there are 3 tiers in their product offering for HD.

HDCAM/SR is high end
XDCAM HD is medium level
HDV is consumer/prosumer

However, early on with XDCAM HD, it was the opinion of most who saw the quality of images, that XDCAM HD is not squarely in the middle, but closer to the top end. The higher data rate removes a lot of the motion artifacts that can plague HDV. It's not the inter-frame compression of long GOP at fault, it's how much compression and how intelligently it's applied that determine the outcome.

I wonder what this stock HD firm will say about the PDW 700 with its 50mb 4:2:2 color space. If they try to call that image less than HD, they are nuts.

Also a reminder, Discovery HD has one of the most rigorous acceptance criteria for HD and they certified XDCAM HD @ 35VBR as acceptable for unlimited content acquisition, whereas they limit HDV to no more than 15% of a given program.

All is not lost though, at some point, you'll have the ability to strap on a portable flash recorder and take the HDSDI feed into a very high quality codec.

-gb-
Old March 12th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #4
Major Player

I have a chance to buy Canon G1 with HD-SDI and I was wondering if you have any recommendation re: portable HD-SDI recording unit so I could record to the unit directly in the field...
take a look at this http://www.kinor.ru/products/flashdvr/

Last edited by Marius Boruch; March 13th, 2008 at 09:04 AM.
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270