DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   FCP plug-in has been released !! for M2T & DV file import (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/117405-fcp-plug-has-been-released-m2t-dv-file-import.html)

Kenny Pai March 20th, 2008 01:03 AM

FCP plug-in has been released !! for M2T & DV file import

Here:

http://www.sonybiz.net/biz/view/Show...veContext=true

Sean Hsieh March 20th, 2008 01:45 AM

thanks kenny :) has anyone tried this plugin yet? haven't received my unit yet to test the import functionality on, but i'm guessing this is used for simple drag & drop to your FCP bin?

Hedley Wright March 20th, 2008 04:28 AM

Does anyone know whether a solution for FCE is likely to happen?

Michael Liebergot March 20th, 2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Hsieh (Post 845423)
thanks kenny :) has anyone tried this plugin yet? haven't received my unit yet to test the import functionality on, but i'm guessing this is used for simple drag & drop to your FCP bin?

Not sure about it yet. But it did mention in the text that you had to use FCP's "Log & Capture" to bring the footage in.
Hopefully this means drag and drop and not normal logging in of footage and capture in real time.

Johann D.K. Cerecke March 26th, 2008 07:53 PM

I think it uses the 'log and transfer' window actually, which does mean drag n drop.

Benjamin Nasse May 7th, 2008 07:56 AM

How much time does it take to import these clips from the drive

I am thinking about getting a couple of these to speed up workflow with my v1u. I was wondering what the time difference is between using the log and transfer versus using tape and the log and capture.

Thanks
Ben

Tim Dashwood May 7th, 2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Nasse (Post 873427)
I am thinking about getting a couple of these to speed up workflow with my v1u. I was wondering what the time difference is between using the log and transfer versus using tape and the log and capture.

Thanks
Ben

There is a HUGE difference in the time it takes. A 60 minute tape will always take at least 60 minutes to log and capture from tape, but that same amount of footage on a CF card could be logged and transferred in a matter of a few minutes, depending on how fast your CF card is.

Bruce G. Cleveland May 7th, 2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Pai (Post 845415)

Is this the same plugin that has been out for a month or so now or a diffrent one?

Bruce

Mihali Moore May 7th, 2008 01:28 PM

Imoprting M2T files at high speed?!!?!

Hi there all,

I spoke to Sony and this is a new plug in. I have Final Cut 6.03 and I can capture the footage in real time when playing back from the device. (I press menu, chose HDV and press play, so I assume the device is not in "computer mode") However, when I do this a dialogue box comes up saying that I didn't remove the device properly?!?! Seems to work though. However...

...I can't figure out for the life of me how to import/drag and drop the files to increase the transfer rate of my footage.

Has anyone done this high speed capture successfully and if so, what settings do you have on your capture presets?

Mihali

Gary Nattrass May 7th, 2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mihali Moore (Post 873610)
Hi there all,

I spoke to Sony and this is a new plug in. I have Final Cut 6.03 and I can capture the footage in real time when playing back from the device. (I press menu, chose HDV and press play, so I assume the device is not in "computer mode") However, when I do this a dialogue box comes up saying that I didn't remove the device properly?!?! Seems to work though. However...

...I can't figure out for the life of me how to import/drag and drop the files to increase the transfer rate of my footage.

Has anyone done this high speed capture successfully and if so, what settings do you have on your capture presets?

Mihali

At the moment I can not use this CF unit with my FCP apple set-up. I am on leopard 10.5.2 and using the sony 1.01-1 plug in. I am getting really annoyed at this as sony dont seem to want to fix this the retailer creative video dont know and apple just blame the other two mentioned.

Winston Cutshall May 8th, 2008 12:43 AM

Kenny, thanks for the link!! I’m running System 10.4.11 with FCP 6.0.3, using 16gb Sandisk Extreme III cards with an Extreme IV firewire 800 reader - and it works flawlessly from the “log and transfer” dialogue. Now all we need is preview and mass metadata editing, and we are beating P2 hands down!

Clemens Fischer May 8th, 2008 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston Cutshall (Post 873825)
Kenny, thanks for the link!! I’m running System 10.4.11 with FCP 6.0.3, using 16gb Sandisk Extreme III cards with an Extreme IV firewire 800 reader - and it works flawlessly from the “log and transfer” dialogue. Now all we need is preview and mass metadata editing, and we are beating P2 hands down!

i am using the same cards and reader, but having always trouble with some files.. do you have the same problems?

thanks
clemens

Winston Cutshall May 9th, 2008 01:15 AM

Clemens, Not as of yet. I will be shooting much more in the coming days, and will follow up if I begin to get errors

Mihali Moore May 10th, 2008 09:21 AM

I have managed to work out how to log and transfer data from my CF card to final cut pro 6.0.3.

However, it seems that even when I shoot in 25P on my Z7, the clip settings do not match my sequence settings which I have set to HDV 1080p25. Final Cut asks if I want to change the settings to match my clip settings. When I say yes, the sequence turns into HDV 1080i50.

I have also noticed, that in the compressor column in my browser all the clips have HDV 1080i50.

Am I missing something in the log and transfer window? (My audio/visual setting in the menu are set to HDV 1080p25). I can't seem to find anything to alter capture settings.....

Johann D.K. Cerecke May 12th, 2008 08:59 PM

I think maybe the 25p it uses is actually a type of 50i where both fields are the same. This is so it can be edited as 50i, although I'm not sure why.