DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   Z7 Footage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/119308-z7-footage.html)

Chad Dyle April 13th, 2008 07:14 PM

Z7 Footage

I know a lot of people have been asking for some footage from the Z7, so here is some stuff I capped on the CF card today. It was all outside at the French Quarter Festival, auto-white balance (boo if you like), -6 db Gain (is this the new zero), 1080i, shutter speed at 60 and very, very windy.

www.chaddyleproductions.com/2008/FQF.wmv

As always, feel free to make comments and suggestions. I'm not very camera technical and would appreciate any tips/pointers. I will also be at NAB Mon-Wed and will try to upload some stuff. If anyone has any requests, feel free to email me.

See ya,

Chad

Ryan Lester April 13th, 2008 08:01 PM

Thanks for that Chad.............

I read last week sometime on one of your posts that you felt you perhaps "rushed in" to your decision in buying a Z7. Just interested to know if you did have your time over............which camera would you purchase?

I myself love the Z7, but i haven't done nearly a 1/4 of the hours in shooting that you and others have.

(p.s...... that footage brought a tear to my eye......... i'm back in New Orleans next February Chad........... we'll have to catch up for a beer at Pat O'Brians.........)

Chad Dyle April 13th, 2008 08:45 PM

Ryan,

I did a 2nd line a few weekends go from Jax Brewery to Pat O's. They let me walk the camera in behind the bride and groom, but I got some really weird looks and turned it off.
As for the Z7, the only real problem I'm having right now is the focus issues when I'm following the bridal party down the aisle. There are some focus issues now and then, but its nothing I can't work around. A blurry bride, on the other hand, is a big problem. We went back to using the FX-1 to get the aisle shots and the Z7U stays up on the altar. Someone mentioned going manual focus while I'm zooming out, but I don't think I have that kind of coordination and the screen isn't really big enough to show me exactly how focused it is.
After all of that, I am going to keep the Z7's. The focus is the only real problem. I know some people have had some CF cards problems, but I haven't experienced them yet. From just using the cam a lot, I have noticed if you turn off the CF recorder, it significantly increases battery time. I didn't think it would pull that much juice, but noticed that I went through a lot more batteries than normal. After turning it off, its not nearly as bad.
I will be looking for some kind of shoulder mount for it at NAB. The FX-1 was able to sit on my shoulder, this one slides.
What are you coming in town in Feb for? We will have to grab drinks.

Later,

Chad

Ryan Lester April 13th, 2008 09:36 PM

Coming in Feb for Mardi Grass.......... Cannot wait!

Unfortunatly it's not football season so i wont get a chance to see my Beloved Saints again (WHO DAT!!!!) but i'm sure i'll be entertained none-the-less!

Steve Gerhart April 14th, 2008 05:22 AM

Thanks Chad for taking the time to upload, any wedding footage with multiple flash such as cutting cake or intro?