Steadycam for Z7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 25th, 2008, 04:08 AM   #1
New Boot

Steadycam for Z7

hope there is anybody out, who can recommend a good steadycam system for my Z7, pricerange: 2.000,- to 4.000,-.

has not to be the best, but should work good.

thanks for your replys!

clemens fischer
Old April 25th, 2008, 05:40 AM   #2
Major Player

Clemens,

I've used the Glidecam 4000 with mine as well as the least expensive vest by Varizoom. I think the total cost is less than $1500 US. With the Wide Angle lens and a good light on the camera, it does push towards the higher end of the weight range. But, for short little bursts, it works fine. I'll see if I have anything on CF card to post.
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 06:19 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Dyle View Post
Clemens,

I've used the Glidecam 4000 with mine as well as the least expensive vest by Varizoom. I think the total cost is less than $1500 US. With the Wide Angle lens and a good light on the camera, it does push towards the higher end of the weight range. But, for short little bursts, it works fine. I'll see if I have anything on CF card to post.
hey chad!

thanks a lot for your fast response! that helps me a lot, 'cause there's a cheap system on ebay right now. now i know that it works with the weight. hope it also does with the mounted CF unit and a wireless mic receiver.
would be nice to see some shots you took!

kind regards
clemens
Old April 25th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #4
Major Player

Clemens,

Just remember, in my little experience, don't push the weight limit towards the max. Less is better, unless you have a higher-quality arm. Glidecam also carries a wrist/arm glove that transfers some of the weight off your wrist, if you decide to use just the Glidecam 4000 without the vest.
How long of a shot are you trying to get?

-Chad
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Dyle View Post
Clemens,

Just remember, in my little experience, don't push the weight limit towards the max. Less is better, unless you have a higher-quality arm. Glidecam also carries a wrist/arm glove that transfers some of the weight off your wrist, if you decide to use just the Glidecam 4000 without the vest.
How long of a shot are you trying to get?

-Chad
thanks chad. i have not planned to use it without the vest. missed the ebay auction yesterday, but found something new:
have you ever heard / tried the flycam?
seems to be a VERY interesting price:

http://www.thecinecity.com/home.php?cat=243

clemens
Old April 26th, 2008, 08:05 AM   #6
Wrangler

Do a search here for much info on the Flycam. I have heard a wide variety of things about the rig, some are satisfied, others are not.
Old April 26th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #7
Major Player

It looks nice and can hold a larger camera. I'd do what Charles suggested and look for as many reviews as possible. I'm looking for a new rig and will be selling my stuff when I find a better solution. I tried on the Stedicam Flyer at NAB and it was awesome, not to mention a bit out of my price range.
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270