CF Card conclusions? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old May 7th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #16
Wrangler

So the consensus is that 32GB Transcend 133x cards are reliable enough for production use?

The price seems almost too good to be true, but if they are considered reliable then I'll go and buy one.
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:52 AM   #17
Major Player

Just to add my two cents... While I haven`t used the 32 GB Transcend I have used various Transcend cards with my still camera and my Marantz 660 for years and never had a single one fail (opposed to my Lexar cards, for example). I bought one fauilty one off of ebay and Transcend replaced it a no costs, no questions asked. Guess what`s the dominant CF card brand in my wallet now...
Matthias Krause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:03 AM   #18
Wrangler

That's a pretty good endorsement Matthias. I think I'll place my order.
Old May 7th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #19
Wrangler

I couldn't get a Transcend card shipped to me quick enough but then realized that FutureShop here in Canada had the Sony 133x 4GB CF cards on sale until tomorrow for $59.99 each. That's a 50% discount. I bought two. That will do for now (18 minutes each 4GB card)
Old September 18th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #20
Regular Crew

CF Cards on Ebay

300X 32GB UDMA Compact Flash CF Card SLC for EOS 400D - eBay Other Capacities, CompactFlash, Memory Cards, Cameras. (end time 23-Sep-08 15:00:29 AEST)

Check out these cards, anyone used one of these branded cards before?
Cheers,
Jamie
Jamie Kehoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Kehoe View Post
They might work and all, but I would never trust anything other than those that are substantially placed within the market - to me it's just not worth the risk. Even despite the fact that most memory is made by just a few companies and then redistributed, I would never gamble on it, let alone buy anything like this on Ebay, either. Just my opinion!
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM   #22
Regular Crew

I bought a 16GB OEM CF card on ebay for £30 a couple of months ago. It claimed to be 280X and I thought it was worth a punt for £30, just out of interest. Result: It works great - I did some speed tests with it when it arrived, and while it's not the claimed 280X, it's easily fast enough (I forget what the exact speed was, but it was over 200X), and I haven't had a single problem with it.
Mike Paterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270