How the Sony Z7U failed me beyond words... - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old May 16th, 2008, 04:14 AM   #46
Trustee

Sorry to hear your problems with the camera, other people have also had the focusing problems and I still can not use my CF recorder with final cut pro.

I did a corporate video shoot on Tues and I must admit I love this camera, it is much more pro than the V1 it replaced and the pictures are superb.

I have had the auto focus searching problem but this went after I did the auto flange focal length adjustment and after changing the a/e window to type 2.

It still hunts a little in very low light but so did my V1 so I am not concerned about that I just switch to manual.

Once the CF reading problem is solved this will be a superb combo with my final cut edit and M35 video deck. With the import into FCP at pro res I can then go to digi beta and HDcam easily via the SD/HD-SDI output on the M35.

I also have the mike tapa nikon lens adaptor so look forward to shooting some very long lens stuff soon.
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:30 AM   #47
Major Player

05/16 update

Well, I just got a new camera in the mail - 8:15am delivery, too which is crazy. Great timing, though, as I have a shoot this afternoon, which is due the same day, and tomorrow, which has a SDE.

I checked the lens and it seems perfect, and interestingly, while I don't rely on auto focus too much, it seems significantly more responsive than the other camera.

Filming will be tested later and hopefully I'll have time before my shoot today.

Thus far, the camera is without a doubt 'better' than the other one so perhaps I had one of the crazy ones that slipped by, who knows.

In the end, I'm very happy with the outcome. I think Sony really stood by their customer in this case, particularly given the circumstances, and I think that's great.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #48
Obstreperous Rex

That's great news, Marshall... looking forward to hearing how your shoots go.

Do we need to consider changing the title of this thread?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:24 AM   #49
New Boot

Did they fix the auto focus & clip problems?

GARY>>I have had the auto focus searching problem but this went after I did the auto flange focal length adjustment and after changing the a/e window to type 2.<<

What is the "auto flange focal length adjustment"?
Bob Lange is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270