DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   Z7 internal memory issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/124426-z7-internal-memory-issue.html)

Bryan Jefferies June 23rd, 2008 09:42 PM

Z7 internal memory issue

I recently shot a job down in Puerto Vallarta with my Z7 and SR11 as backup. Good thing I brought the SR11 because on the 3rd day of shooting my Z7 wouldn't boot. I mean nothing. I tried different batteries ect.. but no go. Come to find out the humidity did a number on it and I had to wait till I got back in the states to get it back on. Well everything seems ok except everytime I take the battery off the back-end and back on again I have to reset my clock and any other settings I might normally have set. Not a good thing being I usually use my custom buttons alot and usually have the color tweeked a bit as well. Does anybody know where the backup (internal battery) is located and how you replace it?

Luc De Wandel June 25th, 2008 12:04 AM

There is no mention in the manual where the battery is located and how to replace it, but on page 125 it says: 'connect your camera to a wall socket using the supplied AC adaptor and leave it with the power switch set to 'off' for more than 24 hours'. I hope that solves the problem.

Bryan Jefferies June 25th, 2008 03:25 PM

Thanks

Thanks Luc, Guess it pays to read those darn manuals every once in a while.

Zach Love June 30th, 2008 02:45 PM

have you contacted Sony about this? I'm guessing that it should still be under warranty, so if there is real damage to it, you should be able to get it fixed w/o charge (hopefully)

Steve Mullen July 1st, 2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Jefferies (Post 897535)
I recently shot a job down in Puerto Vallarta with my Z7 and SR11 as backup.

When you get a chance -- would you give us your impression of how recordings from these two FullHD EXMOR based camcorders compare.

Bryan Jefferies July 2nd, 2008 09:13 PM

Well Steve both are awesome cams in thier own right. Of course the Z7 with it's control ability makes it my favorite cam out of the 5 hd cams I own. (the other 3 being FX1, HC1, and a Canon XH-A1). But I really love the Sr11 for it's great auto picture, 7 plus hours of full HD recording to the internal drive, small footprint (my batcam), and light weight. It's perfect for steadycam apps, water housing, attaching my manfrotto bracket to it and mounting it just about anywhere you want and almost forgetting about it. I'm ruffing a little of the footage together as a request from those who hired me. I'll try posting soon on vimeo and putting up here.

Steve Mullen July 3rd, 2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Jefferies (Post 902484)
Well Steve both are awesome cams in thier own right. Of course the Z7 with it's control ability makes it my favorite cam out of the 5 hd cams I own. (the other 3 being FX1, HC1, and a Canon XH-A1). But I really love the Sr11 for it's great auto picture, 7 plus hours of full HD recording to the internal drive, small footprint (my batcam), and light weight. It's perfect for steadycam apps, water housing, attaching my manfrotto bracket to it and mounting it just about anywhere you want and almost forgetting about it. I'm ruffing a little of the footage together as a request from those who hired me. I'll try posting soon on vimeo and putting up here.

Vimeo forces everything to 24p. ExposureRoom.com works with 720p24, 720p25, and 720p30. Almost all "pro" shooters, less of a Utube mentality.

I'm trying-out an SR11 and it seems very good in AUTO. But, I'm still curious about the HC1/A1 because they are tiny and yet the A1 offers full manual control.

If you ranked your FX1, HC1, SR11, and Z7 on a 1-10 scale in normal light -- how would they score? (The EXMOR cameras will beat everything

AVCHD is not as nice to work with compared to HDV and I'm not convinced that for me "tape is dead."