Using 35MM Nikon Lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old June 27th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #1
Major Player

Using 35MM Nikon Lenses

I understand there is an adapter to allow the use of Nikon 35mm Lenses, but I am unable to find it online. Does anyone have a link? Also, is this an adapter that replaces the lens or one that allows the attachment of the Nikon lens to the existing lens?

I know there is a huge increase in zoom for the adapter that allows it to attach to the existing lens, which isn't what I'm neccessarily after. I've been looking at the RedRock adapter and am curious, does that also make a huge increase in zoom? And what kind of effect does it have on resolution and image quality?

Thank you for all your help in advance. This is the most informative site I've been too by about 10000 times.
Jason McCormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 02:07 AM   #2
Trustee

Here you go: http://www.mtfservices.com/

It replaces the lens and is very well made and gives X7 maginification.

Easy route to purchase on e-bay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nikon-to-Sony-...3286.m20.l1116
Old June 28th, 2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Major Player

Does anyone have ny experience with the RedRock adapter? From the description, it sounds like it present an image from the other lens that the original lens focuses on. That seems to be a bit odd to me but interesting.

Thenk you for your response, it is really helpful with figuring this stuff out.
Jason McCormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes Jason, that's the basic MO of 35mm adapters.

Since the 35MM image area is way, way bigger than 1/3" or even 1/2", adapters do this trick to you.

I can't really tell you what's the best adapters in the market, Letus looks like the popular choice. However the new microprocessed Brevis (it's the Brevis, right?) has been getting nice words from customers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270