DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   Is it time to move this forum. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/125067-time-move-forum.html)

Vaughan Wood June 30th, 2008 09:58 PM

Is it time to move this forum.

These cameras have been out for a while now and I'm sure many browsers through these forums just visit the Professional High Def. area and miss this forum.

Do you think it's time to move them Chris?

Cheers Vaughan

Jonathan Richards July 1st, 2008 08:01 AM

I'd support a move of this section.

I'm also a little concerned that the Z7 isn't being recognised enough and is in the shadow of the EX1. But maybe that's a bigger issue...

Ofer Levy July 1st, 2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Richards (Post 901497)
... and is in the shadow of the EX1. But maybe that's a bigger issue...

As much as I like the Z7 - isn't there a good reason for this long shadow...? (-:

Jonathan Richards July 1st, 2008 09:05 AM

It was a struggle to buy a Z7. Similar price to the EX1, but I just couldn't afford the SxS Media. Crazy price.

When I'm on location, I just couldn't afford to have pockets of these things like tapes. I prefer shooting on tape and CF at the same time.

I'd love to under and over crank though...

Bruce G. Cleveland July 1st, 2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofer Levy (Post 901527)
As much as I like the Z7 - isn't there a good reason for this long shadow...? (-:

I feel that people are missing the fact that the Z7 and EX1 are in 2 different leagues. I have 3 Z7s and love them, but the EX1 is a huge jump up from the Z7. Maybe I am off here, but that is the way I feel.

Bruce

Ofer Levy July 1st, 2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce G. Cleveland (Post 901540)
I feel that people are missing the fact that the Z7 and EX1 are in 2 different leagues. I have 3 Z7s and love them, but the EX1 is a huge jump up from the Z7. Maybe I am off here, but that is the way I feel.

Bruce

I feel exactly like you on this. Quite amazing that the new EX3 costs almost as much as what I have paid for my Z7 not that long ago....
I am going to buy the EX3 and use the Z7 as a back-up and in situations where I will need the extra reach. (the x7 crop factor of the Z7 as opposed to the X4 or so of the EX3 is quite significant for my needs - wildlife).

Jonathan Richards July 1st, 2008 09:32 AM

Can't really comment on the differences. I only have a Z7.

Just can't help thinking that the EX1 has completely overshadowed the Z7.

Maybe I should send mine back...

Gary Nattrass July 1st, 2008 10:09 AM

I also chose the Z7 over the ex-1 for several reasons.

1: Card costs
2: DVcam compatibility
3: Back-up on tape
4: Interchangeable lens

There is too much bull**** about HD formats and cameras at the moment and a great need to still be compatible with formats such as Dvcam that are still around. Also HDV suits my application which is IPTV that also may be broadcast so I have a M35 deck that will interface with HD/SD-SDI.

Jonathan Richards July 1st, 2008 11:46 AM

I hope you're right and I haven't bought a lemon.

Bruce G. Cleveland July 1st, 2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Richards (Post 901643)
I hope you're right and I haven't bought a lemon.

Jonathan be assured you have a very good camera. I now have 3 of them.

Bruce

Jonathan Richards July 1st, 2008 04:28 PM

I'm with Gary on this.

I was on a shoot for the Horse & County Channel the other week and I was asked to shoot in DVCAM...