DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   S270 case for everyday use (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/135491-s270-case-everyday-use.html)

Gary Nattrass October 9th, 2008 02:20 AM

S270 case for everyday use

Hello to all I have just added a S270 to my Z7 set-up.

I have ordered a portabrace body armour from the USA as they only seem to be available there:PortaBrace - Product Detail:CBA-S270

Is this what you guys are using as I havent been able to find any other day to day case soloution.

Barry Wilkinson October 9th, 2008 04:33 AM

They must have just started making this cover as I too have been looking for a cover for my 270. I dont think KATA make one.

Gary Nattrass October 9th, 2008 06:31 AM

Hi Barry I think I gave you duff gen re who is selling these, the dementia is setting in now I run a pub!

CBAS270 Porta Brace CBA-S270 Camera Body Armor for the Sony HVR S270, HVR S270U & Similar Size Video Cameras

Helps if I get the name of the company right!!!

Barry Wilkinson October 12th, 2008 06:33 AM

Seems like the company is waiting for delivery from the factory still , so there may be a wait for it to arrive to me . I have just ordered one! At least they dont charge until they send

Gary Nattrass October 12th, 2008 11:31 AM

Hi Barry I just got an e-mail saying mine is on back order too estimated 10-14 days.

Hey ho lets hope it doesnt rain when I am out shooting.

Barry Wilkinson October 15th, 2008 04:38 AM

My email said shipping possibly the beginning of November so thats ok as I have the luxury of being able to hibernate once the heavy rains come. I have one indoor job coming up soon but have a rainproof cover anyway which doesnt fit very well but does the job. I hate working in the rain it just causes so many problems.

Guy Cochran October 16th, 2008 02:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Gary,

I couldn't find a KATA Glove, but here is the Sony S270 in a KATA TCCT carrying case

The end expands with a zipper to allow for an even longer camera (not necessary with the S270 even with the Lens shade on). The side also zips and expands or collapses so you can travel with the camera viewfinder off and collapse down as carry on luggage. When you land unzip and leave the viewfinder on.

Gary Nattrass October 16th, 2008 04:40 PM

Thanks Guy I got the portabrace equivalent case with my set-up deal, It is the body armour that I need to keep the british weather off the camera and I look forward to getting it ready for the winter. I was just wanting to know if any of you guys had a kata or petrol type body armour case.

Ronnie Martin January 30th, 2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Cochran (Post 952134)
Hi Gary,

I couldn't find a KATA Glove, but here is the Sony S270 in a KATA TCCT carrying case

The end expands with a zipper to allow for an even longer camera (not necessary with the S270 even with the Lens shade on). The side also zips and expands or collapses so you can travel with the camera viewfinder off and collapse down as carry on luggage. When you land unzip and leave the viewfinder on.

Hello Guy: I have the 270 and the Kata Bag that you mentioned. I just didn't know that the view finder on the 270 would come off. Is this much of a problem? I also have the ex-3.
Do you know if it is possible to remove the view finder on the ex-3 for travel? That would make this bag work with both cameras.

Thanks
Ronnie Martin
Page 1

Gabor Heeres January 31st, 2009 12:32 AM

The PortaBrace CBA-S270 Camera Body Armor is also available from B&H. They shipped mine within the week.

Porta Brace | CBA-S270 Camera Body Armor | CBA-S270 | B&H Photo