Z7 capture from tape in Vista 64? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #1
Major Player

Z7 capture from tape in Vista 64?

I can't seem to capture from my Z7 into my Vista 64 based HP laptop no matter what I try. Regardless of whether I try to capture with HDVSplit, Vegas, Nero, or whatever, what happens is this: the capture utility works the camera transport, but no video data is recognized coming in from the camera over the firewire connection. My guess is that it is a camera driver issue. Is anyone else having this problem or know what might be going on?
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #2
Major Player

Are you capturing an HDV footage through firewire? If so, have you set the firewire ouput not to downconvert to DV?

Jun
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun Galinato View Post
Are you capturing an HDV footage through firewire? If so, have you set the firewire ouput not to downconvert to DV?

Jun
That makes no sense. How would you capture HDV on tape if that were the only way to capture via firewire?
Keith Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Major Player

Just trying to help. My camera captured HDV to tape and downcovert DV to CF. First time I tried capturing the HDV tape, my camcorder won't work and takes me time to figure out the problem. After switching the firewire not to downconvert to DV, it works now. If your firewire output is set not to downcovert to DV, then I have no more clue.

Firewire is not the only way to capture the HDV recorded on the tape. You can also use the HDMI output by using a hardware that supports HDMI capturing, I guess.

Jun

Last edited by Jun Galinato; December 5th, 2008 at 07:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Jun Galinato is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270