DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   SONY Z7 & JVC HD-100U Fuji 16X kit Lens (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/139264-sony-z7-jvc-hd-100u-fuji-16x-kit-lens.html)

Chiayi Fun December 9th, 2008 01:02 PM

SONY Z7 & JVC HD-100U Fuji 16X kit Lens

SONY HVR-Z7 ????????????,??JVC HD-100U ??Kit?? - ???????HDV?????????-????????? - Yahoo!?????

Looks good!

Chiayi Fun December 19th, 2008 01:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The Fuji 16X lens is better than sony 12X !

Greg Laves December 19th, 2008 10:55 PM

Chiayi, can you support the camera on your shoulder with that lens. It looks like you could without cramping your elbow.

Chiayi Fun December 20th, 2008 07:14 AM

7 Attachment(s)
shoulder ?

It's easy ^^ ~

You can see more photos in my blog.

Zach Love December 30th, 2008 01:19 AM

a few questions...

Do you notice the lack of OIS?

How well does the servo motor work for zoom & iris?

How well does the record trigger work?

Any difference in picture quality?

thanks for sharing!

Uli Mors February 28th, 2009 04:26 AM

did the thread die?

Chiayi Fun February 28th, 2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach Love (Post 985931)
a few questions...

thanks for sharing!

No OIS

zoom & iris work well

record trigger work well

brighter little and sharper

Greg Laves February 28th, 2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach Love (Post 985931)
a few questions...

thanks for sharing!

Personally, I notice the lack of image stabilization, but my hands aren't that steady. I think someone in a little better shape would not have as much problem with the lack of OIS. Expecially if you could brace it on your shoulder.

All of the controls on the Fujinon lens seem to be much smoother and easier to use than the standard lens.

You do lose the top handle zoom rocker control function. But the Rec button still works.

I have not done any image comparisons between the lenses.

My lens is not exactly the same as Chaiyi's and I don't know what his f-stop is, but mine is f1.4. And it will hold f1.4 throughout the zoom range. That gives it a slight advantage in low light and perhaps a slight advantage in being able to control DOF.

The grip is more comfortable on the standard Zeiss lens for me, however. The Fujinon lens puts my wrist in a position where it has to be cupped too much for my comfort. I smashed my wrist in a motorcycle accident years ago and cupping my wrist is more difficult for me to do. Someone else might find the Fujinon lens fits them just fine.

I came from a background of using broadcast style lenses and I have the Fujinon lens on the camera most of the time. If I am going to go handheld, I will generally use the Zeiss lens. I have a friend who comes more from the pro-sumer camcorder background. So far he has preferred the Zeiss lens for it's full auto functions. But as time goes by, he seems to be moving towards the Fujinon, also. I think he would prefer it, if he had more practice with it.

Bryan McCullough May 14th, 2009 06:29 AM

Do you need any kind of adapter for this lens?

Greg Laves May 15th, 2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan McCullough (Post 1142909)
Do you need any kind of adapter for this lens?

Nope. It mounts up directly to the camera.

Bryan McCullough May 16th, 2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Laves (Post 1143731)
Nope. It mounts up directly to the camera.

Sweet. What spec tells you this? I've got a friend that works in the media department at a large company and they've got a ton of old cameras laying around. I'd love to see if any of their lenses would work on the Z7.

Greg Laves May 16th, 2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan McCullough (Post 1144072)
Sweet. What spec tells you this? I've got a friend that works in the media department at a large company and they've got a ton of old cameras laying around. I'd love to see if any of their lenses would work on the Z7.

Most of their old lenses are probably like all of the old lenses that I have lying around. They are probably 2/3" lenses or they could even be 1/2" lenses. Neither of those will mount up to the Z7 without an adapter. What you will have to look for is 1/3" bayonet mount lenses. And those would be pretty rare back in the older days. Actually, I can't even think of any older broadcast style cameras that were 1/3". Good luck.

Bryan McCullough May 16th, 2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Laves (Post 1144093)
Most of their old lenses are probably like all of the old lenses that I have lying around. They are probably 2/3" lenses or they could even be 1/2" lenses. Neither of those will mount up to the Z7 without an adapter. What you will have to look for is 1/3" bayonet mount lenses. And those would be pretty rare back in the older days. Actually, I can't even think of any older broadcast style cameras that were 1/3". Good luck.

Got it, thanks!

Gary Nattrass May 18th, 2009 02:46 AM

Mike Tapa is now doing a B4 2/3" adaptor to 1/3" so that you can use old broadcast lenses.
MTF Services Ltd

Chiayi Fun May 23rd, 2009 02:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
SONY VCL-308BWH - PART-I

SONY????????VCL-308BWH????????? - ???????HDV?????????-????????? - Yahoo!?????