Considering a Z7 after using an FX1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 28th, 2009, 02:43 AM   #16
Trustee

Mike Tapa has also just produced a B4 2/3" to 1/3" adaptor so the choice of lenses is greatly expanded.
Old April 28th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc De Wandel View Post
The Z7 is a fantastic camera, but the Z5 - being newer - has a few advantages over it. Such as the choice of 3 colours for peaking indication, total exposure setting (shutter speed, iris, gain) with one ring (the iris ring) etc... It is also lighter as the Z7.
The interchangeable lenses of the Z7 is a huge plus for me.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCullough View Post
The interchangeable lenses of the Z7 is a huge plus for me.
Yep, for me too. I have a Nikon 300 mm and 135 mm, which translates to 2100 and almost 1000 mm and thats's a lot of telephoto! Just last week I used the 2100 to film a stranded containervessel about 3 kilometers away from my position. It filled my screen completely!
Be certain to get prime lenses though, as HD needs a high resolution lens.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc De Wandel View Post
Yep, for me too. I have a Nikon 300 mm and 135 mm, which translates to 2100 and almost 1000 mm and thats's a lot of telephoto! Just last week I used the 2100 to film a stranded containervessel about 3 kilometers away from my position. It filled my screen completely!
Be certain to get prime lenses though, as HD needs a high resolution lens.
Yeah, one benefit I have is my cousin is a professional photographer and has a slew of Nikon lenses. I've been using a Redrock M2 with them, but would love to be able to use some without that adapter.

This page says this adapter will do a mag of 4.8 with DX lenses. That sounds pretty workable to me.

Nikon G to 1/3" bayonet adaptor
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 04:27 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Nattrass View Post
Mike Tapa has also just produced a B4 2/3" to 1/3" adaptor so the choice of lenses is greatly expanded.
I'm happy about this one, much cheaper than the other 2/3" to 1/3" adapters already for sale.
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:04 PM   #21
Major Player

I've posted a video on youtube shot with the Z7 and a mediocre Tamron 200-400mm lens attached via the MTF adapter.

YouTube - Moon

I know Gary did this ages ago, but nonetheless, the moon makes an impressive subject!
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270