DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   help - un-readable transcend card (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/239077-help-un-readable-transcend-card.html)

Jamie Jewett July 15th, 2009 11:57 AM

help - un-readable transcend card

Greetings folks

I have a Transcend 16GB that is un-readable by either my camera, a mac or a PC -
have used this 3x I think
any suggestions?

I can't seem to get anything to read it so I can't re-format...
the error I get from the camera is A:19:91
in the manual it says
"The CompactFlash you are using is not recognized. Check the type you are using."

thanks

Jamie

Gary Nattrass July 15th, 2009 12:15 PM

I have had this fault too when I had a card that was formatted on the mac, have you tried re-formatting it in the camera recorder.

That seemed to cure the fault I had, as a side note you should always format the cards in the camera and before each use.

Jamie Jewett July 15th, 2009 12:56 PM

how to re-format if unreadable?

Thanks Gary

but how do I reformat in the camera if it's unreadable?

thanks again
jamie

Alister Chapman July 15th, 2009 02:17 PM

There is a known issue with Transcend CF x133 cards and Macs. When you eject the card from the Mac the card can be permanently damaged. Transcend say they have fixed this on new cards but many older cards can be damaged by Mac's.

Luc De Wandel July 15th, 2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alister Chapman (Post 1172135)
There is a known issue with Transcend CF x133 cards and Macs. When you eject the card from the Mac the card can be permanently damaged. Transcend say they have fixed this on new cards but many older cards can be damaged by Mac's.

That's right. I had the same problem with two Transcend cards.

Jamie Jewett July 15th, 2009 02:30 PM

ahhhh - thanks

well then - that might just explain it -

any idea what newer or older might mean?

I bought this in April...

thanks again

Jamie

Hedley Wright July 15th, 2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie Jewett (Post 1172144)
well then - that might just explain it -

any idea what newer or older might mean?

I bought this in April...

thanks again

Jamie

I had the same problem with one bought in April, the replacement in early May was the same, the second replacement in June is fine :). Neither had been near a Mac by the way.

Bruce G. Cleveland July 15th, 2009 04:05 PM

19:91 means the card is toast. I had one like that a couple months ago.

Bruce

Keith Forman July 15th, 2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce G. Cleveland (Post 1172178)
19:91 means the card is toast. I had one like that a couple months ago.

Bruce

Check to see if is under warranty.

Gary Nattrass July 16th, 2009 02:35 AM

When I had this the error massage came up on the card recorder on the camera but when I pressed the menu buttons I could still get into the menu to format it.

Battle Vaughan July 17th, 2009 04:24 PM

This link to a previous thread may be of some help: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/convergen...eopard-os.html

/ Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team

Luc De Wandel July 18th, 2009 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battle Vaughan (Post 1173113)
This link to a previous thread may be of some help: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/convergen...eopard-os.html

/ Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team

Tried all this, but to no avail: even in the 'disk utility' app, the card in the Lexar reader is not recongnized! Ergo the 'erase' button is never highlighted and there's no way to access the card. What now?

Luc De Wandel August 12th, 2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luc De Wandel (Post 1173247)
Tried all this, but to no avail: even in the 'disk utility' app, the card in the Lexar reader is not recongnized! Ergo the 'erase' button is never highlighted and there's no way to access the card. What now?

No ideas, anyone???

Darryl Yee August 15th, 2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luc De Wandel (Post 1212578)
No ideas, anyone???

do you get any error when you put the card in the recorder? I had a couple cards that the recorder wouldn't recognize and it gave an error, but I just hit the 'Stop' button (or maybe it was the 'Menu' button) on the recorder and the regular menu came up and I was then able to format the cards with the recorder. You might be lucky.

Luc De Wandel August 21st, 2009 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Yee (Post 1225619)
do you get any error when you put the card in the recorder? I had a couple cards that the recorder wouldn't recognize and it gave an error, but I just hit the 'Stop' button (or maybe it was the 'Menu' button) on the recorder and the regular menu came up and I was then able to format the cards with the recorder. You might be lucky.

Thanks for the advice, but I already tried that and I keep getting the message: "error: A: 19: 91" and none of the buttons on the recorder is working