Z7 no longer at B&H? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 20th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #1
Wrangler

Z7 no longer at B&H?

I'm getting ready for a camera replacement and the z7 is one of several models I've been following. Over the weekend it seemed to drop off their website. If you do a search for z7u you get 4 different hits, ranging in price between $5350 and $7190. They all indicate "accepting orders", but there is also a disclaimer which says "This is not a regularly stocked item. Estimated arrival at B&H is 7-14 business days."

Seems odd. Or maybe this is just boilerplate language they use when something isn't available?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #2
Inner Circle

yeah I've seen that before when something is out of stock especially when it's part of the B&H kit that they package.
I can't imagine the Z7 wouldn't be stocked anymore.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM   #3
Major Player

I'm guessing just a temporary thing. B&H is such a big Sony dealer & the Z7 is one of Sony's prime cameras, I think it will be a long time until B&H stops selling the Z7.

Give B&H a call and see what could be going on. They're a good company & often talking to a live person instead of a webpage will give you a better answer.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:44 AM   #4
Wrangler

Thanks Zach, you're probably right. I've pretty much decided to go with the EX1, although the Z7 has some great features which make it very attractive.

I'm guessing that one reason B&H has the disclaimer on the z7 pages is to place you on notice that they will bill your credit card immediately even though it's not in stock.

Quote:
Important Notice!
This is not a regularly stocked item. Estimated arrival at B&H is 7-14 business days. You will be charged upon placing your order.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:02 AM   #5
Regular Crew

The Z7U IS still available - and is still carried at B&H. I spoke to B&H yesterday (Wednesday) and was fortunate to get a very knowageable video sales rep. Although I called about another camera -- the rep mentioned that the notice on their site saying the Z7U was not an item which is regulariy stocked simply indicates it's currently "sold out". It's on backorder. The guy I talked with said it's a top seller.

Ian
Ian Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 05:22 AM   #6
Wrangler

Obviously you are right... B&H is listing the z7 back in stock this morning!
Old July 24th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #7
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Campbell View Post
The Z7U IS still available - and is still carried at B&H. I spoke to B&H yesterday (Wednesday) and was fortunate to get a very knowageable video sales rep. Although I called about another camera -- the rep mentioned that the notice on their site saying the Z7U was not an item which is regulariy stocked simply indicates it's currently "sold out". It's on backorder. The guy I talked with said it's a top seller.
Ian:
Thanks so much for helping to clear this up. Much appreciated. BTW, it looks like it's in stock right now.
Old July 24th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #8
Wrangler

Actually I just returned from a trek to B&H today to see the z7 and ex1 in person. It's always a real treat to visit there - if you have only used mail order in the past, you really owe it to yourself to make the trip sometime - there really isn't anywhere else like it. Great selection, staff and service!

FWIW, I decided to get an ex1, but as luck would have it they must have just sold out in the time between opening and my arrival. However I now see that the "backordered" status of my order now shows as "processing", so I take that as a good sign!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270