Fujinon S17x6,6 BRM 1/2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 29th, 2009, 05:05 AM   #1
New Boot

Fujinon S17x6,6 BRM 1/2

I recieved this lense today.the only thing i can say,it works fantastic.with the fujinon adapter from 1/3 to 1/2 perfect.the lense is very,very sharp tillthe edges.
i bought it on E-bay about $ 300.I´m really happy.

fred from vienna
Alfred Plotzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #2
Major Player

Congratulations on a wise purchase. I have a Fujinon 1/3 16x lens for my Z7 and it stays on the camera all of the time.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Alfred,

This is a SD lens? How does it oermorm when running on HDV?
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #4
New Boot

SD lense

It`s TV SD Lense and it works perfect on HDV.i did a test today morning by sunrise and the pictures are fascinating.
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Is the adapter a hot shoe adapter? Also what happens to the power of the lens as a result of the adapter? I would think that the adapter would act almost like a doubler. I would be interested in one of these lenses if I knew that I would fit on both my 270 and my Ex-3.

Thanks

Ronnie Martin
Page 1
Old July 31st, 2009, 12:00 AM   #6
New Boot

Hot shoe

no.there is no adapter with hot shoe on the market.the lens is connected by cable.
the factor is about 1,3.not all functions availlable by remote of the camera.lance control for zoom is seperated on the lense,not on the body of the cam.the adapt.is fujinon.
but only i can say,it works great.fantastic pictures.

best regards

Willkomen auf Plotzer.at
Old July 31st, 2009, 05:37 AM   #7
Trustee

I have a brand new boxed never been used 1/3" 16X Fujinon Th16×5.5BRMU if anybody is thinking of buying one for their Z7 or S270.
I am on P2 now so have the 17x fujinon on my 301 so dont need it, I also have a tatty used one that you can have really cheap the glass is Ok and it works but has some wear and tear.
Old July 31st, 2009, 07:32 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Plotzer View Post
no.there is no adapter with hot shoe on the market.the lens is connected by cable.
the factor is about 1,3.not all functions availlable by remote of the camera.lance control for zoom is seperated on the lense,not on the body of the cam.the adapt.is fujinon.
but only i can say,it works great.fantastic pictures.

best regards

Willkomen auf Plotzer.at
Thanks for your reply.... I never use anything but manual focus anyway. I have been looking for a 1/2 inch lens (reasonably priced) so that I could use it on both the 270 and the EX-3. One other question.... I assume with the fujinon on the Z7 that none of the lens information appears in the view finder. It that correct? One Problem that I have not been able to remedy with the 270 is to show the lens info (stock lens applied) and other info that appears in the view finder to be displayed on an external or on camera monitor. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks so much

Ronnie Martin
Page 1
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:24 AM   #9
New Boot

you don`t see info about the distance,but the sharpness you can see very well.

fred
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:00 AM   #10
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=Alfred Plotzer;1180191]you don`t see info about the distance,but the sharpness you can see very well.

fred[/QUOte

I assume that iris contrtol is manual only..... there are times where I do need auto iris. I shoot dirt racing at night in poorly lit situations where the cars are moving at speeds over 100mph and the light is constantly changing every 10-20 feet. Auto iris is very helpful. I must say that the auto iris on the Ex-3 and the 270 keeps up pretty well.

What did the adapter cost for the 270 and where did you obtain it? The Ex comes with an adapter for other 1/2 inch lenses and I der if it would work.

Thanks so much

Ronnie Martin
www.dirtracinvideo.com
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:35 AM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Martin View Post
I assume that iris contrtol is manual only..... there are times where I do need auto iris.
As Alfred said, he plugged the wire from the lens into the body of the camera. It doesn't need to be a "hot shoe" lens adapter for the iris to work. When you plug the wiring from the lens into the body of the camera, they share information and auto iris still works. If you get a broadcast lens that is "hot shoe" only, then none of the above applies.

With any broadcast lens you do loose some functions. Aside from the distance info that Alfred mentioned, the top handle zoom control will no longer work. And there is no auto focus, of course. But the digital zoom still works, since that function is inside the body of the camera. And since the image stabilization is in the lens, you loose that function, as well.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 05:44 AM   #12
New Boot

I don`t i have my camera beside me,because i`m in the office,but i think autofocus also works.
you can use the button on the lens for autofocus or manual.

best regards fred
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #13
New Boot

i looked today,just iris is auto or manual.but in the wide position it`most all sharp.

Willkomen auf Plotzer.at
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:14 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Plotzer View Post
I recieved this lense today.the only thing i can say,it works fantastic.with the fujinon adapter from 1/3 to 1/2 perfect.the lense is very,very sharp tillthe edges.
i bought it on E-bay about $ 300.I´m really happy.

fred from vienna
What did the adapter cost for the 270 and where did you obtain it? The Ex comes with an adapter for other 1/2 inch lenses and Iwonder if it would work.

Thanks so much

Ronnie Martin
www.dirtracinvideo.com[/QUOTE]
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:32 AM   #15
Sponsor: MTF Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Martin View Post
The Ex comes with an adapter for other 1/2 inch lenses and Iwonder if it would work.
The adaptor that comes with the EX3 only fits the EX3.
The mount is completely different to that of the Z7/S270.

Last edited by Mike Tapa; August 8th, 2009 at 02:33 AM. Reason: quote mark?
Mike Tapa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270