S270 - ATW switch at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 15th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #1
New Boot

S270 - ATW switch

Hi everyone, just got another new S270 and use ATW - I notice on several of the units I have used, including this brand new one, that on several occasions the ATW whilst switched ON, does not show the yellow ON light, and is in effect on MANUAL despite the ATW switch being switched ON. It seems to just switch off on its own. Please note - the switch is still in the ON position and has not been touched. If I turn the switch off then on again, the light comes back on.

Is there a setting I have overlooked or have I uncovered another flaw in this camera?

Thanks in advance for your replies
John Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #2
Major Player

As long as I am using ATW yhe yelow light is burning at my S270.
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #3
Major Player

Same here: switch to the 'on' position (= up) light goes on and stays on.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 02:08 AM   #4
New Boot

That's what I mean - the ATW switch IS on, the yellow light is ON, but sometimes the light goes OFF without me touching the ATW switch - this has happened on 3 cameras!
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:48 AM   #5
Major Player

I don't think that is normal. I've tried different settings and there's no way I can get the lamp to go out while the switch is on ATW.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #6
New Boot

There appears no pattern of behaviour with this - today I turned the unit on and off several times and left it switcvhed on for half an hour - no proble. The I turned it off, and turned it back on to load a tape - and noted the lamp was OFF, even though the switch is turned ON. Very strange - I will have to send it to Sony for inspection. I am surprised no one else has had this issue
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:43 AM   #7
New Boot

It also looks to me like you have a defective unit. I cannot get mine to operate as you have described.
Mark Triolo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270