External Display Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 23rd, 2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

External Display Issue

Hello,

The Z7U is an awesome tool!
I am just experiencing an issue with my monitor out. I can see the picture but I cannot get the on-screen data to display. I tried all options including "ALL OUT" but no avail.

I can see the menu screen and all but right after I close it, I can only see a flash of the on-screen display then it disappears.

Any ideas?

Thanks.!
Ervz Tia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Have you tried pushing the DISPLAY/BATT INFO button? It is located on top of the camcorder where the LCD rest.

Jun
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:17 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Are you using markers (p.79 US, 80 Z7P) of any kind? On other Sony cams, if you use a marker the data display is not output to an external monitor. No mention of this in the Z7 manual, however, so it may not hold true for that cam. But this quirk is mentioned on p.82 of the Z5 manual.
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Got it!
Disabling the marker did the trick.
man, people should be informed about this.

Thanks Adam!
Ervz Tia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270