Video noise - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 20th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Joe, How'd that wedding turn out? I'm curious as to whether you opted for shooting in 30p or 24p? Shooting in either frame rate and dropping the shutter speed to match the frame rate should give you very clean and respectable image.
Dan Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:55 PM   #17
New Boot

yeaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hi Dan/.

I shot in 24p. and shutter speed to 1/24, nice clean picture, and yes 6 db is clean but with 24p 1/24 much nicer picture, going to keep it at that, love the Z7, its a great cam for its size, just bought a led. 126 light for it , I dont like useing much light but there is times when the hotel/ band turn them down just to much,

Great points there Dan ,

Thank you

Joe
Joe Boland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 05:57 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Joe, great news....love to hear it! I shoot primarily in 30p which only makes it easier to convert to 60i. Glad I could help. Don't be afraid of plying around with different setting. You'll be surprised at how much you learn. Of course, test them out before using them on a real shoot...
Old October 25th, 2010, 05:41 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Ill have to try those settings myself and check results, I just did another Wedding weekend just gone, and shot it @ 1080i Shutter Speed @ 50, and kept my gain around 0-6db, 6 being when they turned the lights off on me halfway through bridal dance, but DJ had good bunch of colours going, then when that bit was over I took control of the lights and bumped table lights up and left dance floor dark, results came out really good :)
Wayne Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Crowell View Post
Joe, great news....love to hear it! I shoot primarily in 30p which only makes it easier to convert to 60i. Glad I could help. Don't be afraid of plying around with different setting. You'll be surprised at how much you learn. Of course, test them out before using them on a real shoot...
I think that 30p is the clear choice to shoot natively in as long as your delivery is only going to be 480p30. The disadvantage with 30p, though, is that even though your footage is native 1080p30, there is no Blu-ray option for it. Therefore I always shoot in 1080p24 even though 30p has a slight edge on it.
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Wesley,

These days no matter what format you shoot in, once placed on the time line you output what ever format you'd like.Regardless, I'm not sure what the problem with outputting 24p to Blue-Ray is? Most every modern TV can display 60p, 30p and 24p.....
Old October 27th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #22
Regular Crew

It's not the TVs. Its the Blu-ray standard. It will allow for 60i and 24p but not 30p.
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Haven't done the Blue Ray thing yet.......will have to give it a go! I shot primarily for broadcast.
Old October 28th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Cardone View Post
It's not the TVs. Its the Blu-ray standard. It will allow for 60i and 24p but not 30p.
I'd prefer something shot on 30p output to 60i, than something shot 60i just because it will be output to 60i.

I think modern software is up to the task of converting stuff pretty well, even 24p to 60i.

Also in the Blu-Ray world, at least with FCS 3, you can burn a short Blu-Ray movie (through Compressor) on a regular DVD-R with a regular DVD-R burner as long as the file is able to fit on the disk. Pretty sure it would work with other software too. Something I just stumbled on by accident once, but very happy now to be able to easily watch a short HD piece I made on my HDTV & PS3.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270