Z7P - HDV Issues when filming - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 27th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #16
Major Player

I agree with some others, this is not a rolling shutter issue. It seems like everything gets blamed on CMOS sensors and rolling shutter.

On your other thread where you included the frame grabs, I can see the blocky patterns and sadly, I have nothing to offer other than to say to send it to Sony. My experiences with Sony Service (US) have been good. Very attentive to my needs and issues. I would much prefer sending my gear to them rather than any dealer. I would keep in touch and make sure they understand the issue and can see the problem. You don't want it sent back with "No Problem Found".
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Ya, annoys mewhen you know you have a problem and they say no problem found, the footage I have given them you can cleary see the issue, one night DJ had a strobe light and the footage was unusable as the strobe is very similar to camera flash and just destroyed the picture, and this dj couldnt stop playing his strobe, was like a new toy for him lol.
Wayne Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:48 PM   #18
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=Greg Laves;1582978]I agree with some others, this is not a rolling shutter issue. It seems like everything gets blamed on CMOS sensors and rolling shutter.

Greg, you're right. I have jumped to this conclusion many other times. Mainly because a lot of folks don't keep up on the technology. Personally, I'm sold on the CMOS sensors. I bought a PMW-350 for that reason. Like HDV, if you know the limitations of the technology you can get outstanding performance from it. One of the first things I noticed after working with my PMW-350 with 2/3' sensors for a week or so was, how much I appreciated the Z7/S270's image.
Dan Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Sony contacted me through email yesterday, saying my camera should be fixed by the end of the month, they are waiting for parts to arrive, expect them on the 22/11.

The good news is they found something wrong with the unit, no idea what the parts are though, I asked them what the C.Board is, no reply yet :), maybe someone here knows.

"Your parts (HARNESS COAXIAL CABLE and MOUNTED C.BOARD TT-007 COMPL) are due to arrive 22/11, the unit has been booked in under warranty and will be fully tested before leaving us"

Anyway, hopefully these parts fix the issue, and they do actually test it before sending it back to me this time :)
Wayne Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:34 AM   #20
Major Player

Wayne, that sounds like good news. Hopefully, you will have a proper functioning Z7 back soon.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270