HDV Issues - Part 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 27th, 2010, 06:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HDV Issues - Part 2

Here are a couple pictures of the flash going off at a wedding I did on the weekend, using HDV 1080i @ 50 and about 3 or 6 db, full manual control, as you can see, the picture is scrambled, and this scrambled "effect" can last up to 20 frames before becoming a "normal" picture again, I sent better examples to the repair guy, and they didnt see anything wrong with footage or picture, I was like huh, your not serious?

I have tried basically every setting, and it does it in everything, only thing I did not test it in was progressive, but I am not going to waste anymore time on this faulty camera.

Anyways its packaged and being sent to Sony in Sydney, they want a look at it.

Cheers

Wayne Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Yeah, HDV shouldn't be that bad.

Most times when the codec has broken for me, it is good again w/ in 2-3 frames. Personally I only shoot interlaced when I have to. I think progressive looks MUCH better, even when out put to an interlaced screen.

Interlaced shouldn't be doing this to the video, but if it is a fix, it is a fix.

If you're under warranty, get it replaced / fixed. Otherwise it would be a 2 min test to try out progressive.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270