DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/)
-   -   Focus Meter Out? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z7-hvr-s270/497973-focus-meter-out.html)

Wayne Dear July 2nd, 2011 08:55 AM

Focus Meter Out?

I recently received my unit back from Sony again, like a few days ago, and had to fix a few things like usual, as they like to play around with peoples gear then send it back nothing like the settings you had them :P

Anyway, when shooting low light, I use the focus meter, and when it comes to dancing, I generally set it at 1-2 metres zoomed out at max distance, and it always gave me a perfect shot.

Upon using it tonight, 1 meter is out of focus, as with 2 meters, is there a way to fix this? so 1 meter is one meter not 20 meters.

I have not played with taking the lens off this unit before, I am guessing they did something wrong when they put the lens back on it.

Cheers

Zach Love August 8th, 2011 10:27 PM

Re: Focus Meter Out?

Have you tried to adjust the back focus? Dunno if that would help, but worth a shot.

Though if Sony just had it, I'd call them back up & have them to make it right again.

Don Bloom August 9th, 2011 05:02 AM

Keep in mind the first thing they do is hit the reset button to bring everything that is set in menus back to the way it left the factory. That's how the camera was set and tested when it was built. Anytime I have either sent a camera(s) to Sony or JVC or an independent they do that first thing.
As for the focus meter, I would agree with Zach, start with the backfocus first, if that doesn't do it I would remove the re-install the lens, reset the backfocus and check it then. If that doesn't work take it back in.

Wayne Dear September 22nd, 2012 02:40 AM

I have recently used this unit again, and I have tried setting the flange.

Auto flange goes like this - Zooms out, focus starts, then all it does is go in and out of focus on the Focal chart, then finishes out of focus.

Manual I set it up as best as possible, but when testing after, zoomed out at infinity its out of focus, and I still cant adjust to get it back in focus, pissing me off.

Even when I adjust manual (Flange Setting), the wide shot adjustment is slightly out of focus, and it wont let me adjust it anymore.

Any Ideas would be great

About to ring up my service dealer and ask them whats going on.

Cheers

Took lens off and redid it, still same, what are the best conditions to set it? Wall colours matter? light? etc

Wayne Dear November 26th, 2012 04:38 PM

I fixed this and thought I would share to help others if they come across the same problem, apparently lighting plays a major part in this as I found, I have a well lighted studio, but that didnt work, and came across the above issues, I took the unit outside, set the chart up on wall and reset back focus and set the camera to auto set, and it worked the first go.

After stuffing around for hours trying to work out what I was doing wrong, it was as simple as the light making all the difference.

:)