HVR-Z7 NTSC to PAL at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old August 6th, 2015, 01:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HVR-Z7 NTSC to PAL

Hello guys! Recently I experienced a strange thing on my camcorder. The camcorder was converted from NTSC to PAL in 2009 and it worked v well since then. Now the camera has reverted back to NTSC by its self. I have to say that it stayed about 6 months off. When I turned it on, It lost its settings and reverted to NTSC. I don't get it how is this possible. The cam was serviced in a proper Sony center in Vienna. any inf/help to get back to PAL would be welcomed.
Old October 22nd, 2015, 09:44 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: HVR-Z7 NTSC to PAL

Sounds suspiciously like it may be due to some sort of back-up battery......?

Either a small Lithium cell, or one which gets charged via the battery and keeps the memory when no battery?

So keeps the PAL settings stored in memory, and when that loses power the camera reverts to it's initial defaults?
David Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2015, 10:16 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: HVR-Z7 NTSC to PAL

Indeed, it is from the li-Ion battery. The camera stayed off for a long period of time and the main battery drain off, too. A Sony technician has confirm me that in this case the camera reverts to the factory settings, NTSC, my case. The PAL conversion was made only in sw. To prevent this, there is an electronic board that can be put inside the camera and also it has a menu page to select the format NTSC/PAL. This is permanent.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270