DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/)
-   -   Help! How do you reset Time Code (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/513318-help-how-do-you-reset-time-code.html)

Chris Harding January 8th, 2013 09:32 PM

Help! How do you reset Time Code

Hi Guys

My TC is set to RecRun and Preset and just continues incrementing on each shoot.

Any bright ideas..the manual doesn't make any sense of it..Ideally I like to run TC just per clip but I at least want to be able to reset it at the end of a shoot and start the new shoot at zero ...it's already up to 2 hours something !!

Chris

Don Bloom January 8th, 2013 09:44 PM

Re: Help! How do you reset Time Code

Chris,
I just read thru the manual for resetting TC and I'll be damned. I can't make heads or tails of it either. It does explain how to reset it to 0 but you have to go into the menu and frankly it's a PITA. (page 60) Hmmm, I'd like it to reset to 0 everytime I press the red button like I have it now.
Maybe once I get mine we can figure it out if you haven't done so by then. Bummer.

Chris Harding January 9th, 2013 01:43 AM

Thanks anyway Don

Yes, my preferred TC is that it resets to zero every time I hit record so I get a count of the actual clip..that way at weddings I can figure "Ok, I have 7 minutes of dancing so time for a break" At the moment I have to back calculate from nearly 3 hours now!! I must admit the menu is quick ..I thought about assigning it to a button but sadly it's not on the list..!!

Chris

Noa Put January 9th, 2013 03:08 AM

didn't find that either yet, so far it only resets to 0 if you format the card.

Chris Harding January 9th, 2013 05:32 AM

Hi Noa

If I put a card in and format it, the time code still takes off from where it last finished on the previous shoot so even that doesn't work for me. Looks like we have to use the menu at this stage.

Chris

Ron Evans January 9th, 2013 08:59 AM

If its like the NX5U there is a button on the remote control to reset timecode. Unfortunately this means that the camera has to have the remote control function enabled. Remember its time code not a counter. When you transfer the clips with the CMU they will have the actual time the clips were taken as part of the file name, assuming you have the camera clock set to the correct time and the GPS will also tell you where you were too. Being able to set time code to free run means that multicameras can start with the same time code and even if they are stopped and started during an event the multicam editing can be synced with time code. All the NXCam range can be set to zero with a single remote control so that with a few cameras they can be synced up at the start of an event if they are all in free run time code mode. Not as good as full genloc sync but good. You can also set user bits to identify the different cameras too.

Ron Evans