Couple of hints, tips and fixes so far - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old January 10th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Couple of hints, tips and fixes so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rush View Post
I don't suppose you've worked out a quick n dirty way of compensating for backlight when in auto mode on the EA-50? i might start to miss my Z1's backlight function
I have EA shift assigned to a button on my NX5U and you could do the same on the EA50. Preset the AE shift to allow for backlight to your taste in the menus and when you hit the button it will apply to the auto function. Assuming it works like the NX5U.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #17
Trustee

Re: Couple of hints, tips and fixes so far

Digital zoom - loss less or not, solved. Sony very clearly advertised the digital zoom function as loss less. That led to a lot of discussion because new users could see the degradation.

On page 38 in the manual I quote "Due to digital processing, the image quality will deteriorate."

Kind of funny....I knew that.... but I wanted to believe the hype ; )

Steve

Peter,

I am 53. I have been making images since 1987 when I started in this business as a still photographer. As I sit here trying to learn the EA50 I am longing for a Nikon F3 that had no electronics except a poorly functioning light meter. Best camera ever made. Seriously, today's electronic wonders blow me away. The bang for the buck with this camera is amazing. It sure beats having a VTR hanging off of your shoulder cabled to the camera head! I know you know what I'm talking about.

This forum allows me to lean from all of you, regardless of age. I love it. The greatest thing I have learned from being "experienced" is to listen and learn.

Steve

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)