DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/)
-   -   Raw Wedding Footage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/513451-raw-wedding-footage.html)

Chris Harding January 16th, 2013 02:53 AM

Re: Raw Wedding Footage

Hi Noa

One of our local (well, over East) stores have a Sigma e-Mount 19mm F2.8 ....They claim it does everything so for me that might be a nice Realty lens as it's faster than the stock and most homes have darkish rooms too ... any idea if it works OK or would the Sony SEL16 be a better bet?? For homes I really do need AF but weddings I'll stay with manual focus.

It's also listed on eBay here : Sigma 19mm f/2.8 EX DN Lens for Sony NEX E Mount Camera | eBay

What do you think???

Chris

Dan Eskelson January 16th, 2013 10:15 AM

Hi Chris,

I have the Sigma 19mm and it seems to fill my need for a wide prime for landscape shots. It would seem to be ideal for your realty needs, esp. in cramped quarters. I need to spend more time with the Sigma, but have been busy.

I also have a vintage Nikon 50mm, 1.4 with adapter - very pleased with that also, esp. considering cost - quite a few on ebay.

Chris Harding January 16th, 2013 05:08 PM

Thanks Dan

I think I must get myself one..the extra stop or so will help greatly with Realty work. Does the Auto Focus work much the same as the EA-50 stock zoom?? I don't expect the camera or lens to be capable of focussing on white walls and ceilings so I use focus hold on those but because it's a quickie shoot the auto is pretty darn essential for other shots.

Chris

Noa Put January 16th, 2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1773480)
any idea if it works OK or would the Sony SEL16 be a better bet??

Sorry, have no experience with that lens, only tried my samyang lenzes so far.

Dan Eskelson January 16th, 2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1773603)

Does the Auto Focus work much the same as the EA-50 stock zoom??

Chris,

I don't use auto focus much, so just did some quick tests here in the fairly dark office. In auto, the Sigma seemed slower to reach focus than the stock lens - .5 second +/- when refocusing. This could be a result of the low light. You might want to research this to be sure it will perform well in your application. I'll check this out tomorrow outdoors and let you know.

Chris Harding January 17th, 2013 12:26 AM

Thanks Dan

Appreciated!! a few seconds isn't a big deal with Realty ..nothing can run away ..I just figured that the extra stop in dark homes will assist me!!

BTW : Please add yourself to our "Who has an EA50" thread sinvce you are an owner!

Chris