content browser - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:55 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: content browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Digges View Post
Hey Guys,
I will try to load content browser today. Steve
If you can't find it, let me know and I will upload a copy of mine to my website or somewhere. Sony makes it hard to find and download. Ozzie bought his NX5 used and it did not come with a copy, so I already did the work of grabbing the latest version for him. I have it on a thumb drive.

And yes, it is way more than a viewer. It can even clip vids (lossless) and do great frame grabs ... higher resolution than 1920x1080.

Steve
Stephen Crye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:07 PM   #32
Inner Circle

I think part of the problem in this video is its in manual too much. These cameras operate best in semi automatic operation. Just tell the camera how you want its automatic system to be biased the way you like the picture to look. On the back of a bike I would have left it in full iAuto mode and I think it would have done a much better job with AE shift at say -0.5. iAuto does a much better job of choosing focus/exposure and will attempt to get most of the picture in focus by changing the exposure parameters as needed. If the operator starts to use too many manual controls it is difficult for the camera to keep the lens/exposure in the design sweet spot. Left in auto the camera has the option of changing depth of field by using iris,gain and shutter speed to the known characteristics of the camera based on its programmed scene choice. I usually have the camera in fixed WB ( indoor preset for the theatre for all the cameras) and normally just spot focus and use AE shift at -1.0 or so for theatre lighting. I never manual focus any of the small Sony's I have ( SR11, XR500, CX700 and now NX30) always spot focus in the light used as it is lighting dependent in that the camera seems to choose the max depth of field at this setting. That is why I like these little cameras for fixed unattended theatre shoots because they do such a good job operated this way. Often puts my full manual attempts with the NX5U to shame !!!!

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:12 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Crye View Post

Thanks ... would love to see those sample NX30 vids. I might buy it first from B&H, if I don't like it send it back ... that would make 6 buy and trys since October 2011 ... arrgh.

Steve
I will try and shoot something over the next few days and post. Its not that interesting here at the moment just lots of snow outside !!!

Ron Evans
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:47 PM   #34
Inner Circle

Hi Ron

With the content browser can you just pull the MTS files that need joining up from the card reader? I load the Content Browser and then direct the left top window to the card reader and it finds the SDHC card and the files. On my current card only the first two files are split as all the rest are under 12 minutes so I selected 0000 and 0001 and then said "Export" and made a folder on the HDD called NXCAM and it dutifully exported the two clips.

In the new HDD folder I now have a bundle of files and amongst them I now have THREE AVCHD files ..all renamed by date...however the first two seem the same size still?? 12 minutes and 4 minutes and then there is a third unknown AVCHD file of 2 minutes???

I would have thought the software would have merged the two split files into one ??? Any idea what I am doing wrong?? and why the extra AVCHD clip??

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:31 PM   #35
Inner Circle

If you have the Content Utility set up correctly you should not see ANY mts files only clips ( video between start and stop regardless of length ). The whole point is to transfer clips NOT mts files. You decide what clips you want to import but they will be clips not mts files. The Content manager will not merge clips that were not greater than the FAT32 file size just because they are consecutive. It creates clips defined as video between when you press the start and stop button on the camera only. Chris you should not have seen the mts files, they should have shown up as clip pictures with a check box for selection. Its getting a bit late here so I will post a picture of the selection box in the morning.

Ron Evans
Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:11 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Thanks Ron

So also the camera needs to be connected?? I was simply asking it to import from the cam card in my reader and there were 8 files on the card but only 00 and 01 were split.

The help is much appreciated...at present I just grab the files off the card and direct into Vegas after copying to my drive. The audio gap however is a mere 2 frames so very seldom is audio affected...Panasonic AVCHD clips used to have 12 frames of audio missing.

Chris
Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:13 AM   #37
Inner Circle

do you have missing frames when Vegas imports the entire folder structure from the card? With Edius I know found out it doesn't loose any frames, the only thing I don't like is having such a folderstructure on my drive, I rather just have one single large file.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:38 AM   #38
Inner Circle

I just found out that the serialnr I got from the store has too few digits to activate the content browser, acc to Sony's manual the serialnr should be printed somewhere and should be in the box with the camera, I can't find it anywhere. Is there anyone that did find it and where exactly?
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:37 AM   #39
Inner Circle

Most Sony boxes have it on the shipping label. The box my NX30 just came in has it on the shipping label with the barcode next to it. This an update for the NX5 Sony : HXR-NX5E updates | Download updates for HXR NX5E | HXRNX5E should be OK for AVCHD 2.0 as this version is also for the FS100/700.

Ron Evans
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:33 AM   #40
Inner Circle

Some screen shots of the browser. There are 2 for the PMB . The PMB capture screen automatically opens when an external drive is attched to the PC that has video and still files on it. The selection screen is obvious I think. You can also see that you can name the directory and location ( or let the program do it) . I usually decide on location but use the standard directory naming of the date of import.

The Content Management has the main screen that has to be loaded like any other program. Clicking on the camera icon in the top left will bring up the import screen and when the particular memory unit ( my FMU128 in this case directly connected) on the left is selected the section screen will open. If there are more than one memory unit all will be visible. In the case of my NX5U there could be 3 memory units of course. The FMU128 and 2 SD slots. The EA50 could have 2 if the FMU128 is also installed. Selecting any of the boxes next to the clips will select for import to the PC. Selecting a clip will place it in the monitor for viewing as I have shown in the monitor screen. On the bottom of the window you will see the location that has been selected for import. This can be changed to any of the registered directories and new directories can be added under the tools menu. You will note that there are no mts files visible in any of these screens and they will not be on your PC after import either only the m2ts files that are the full clip that was shot.

Ron Evans
Attached Thumbnails
content browser-pmbcapture-screen.jpg   content browser-pmbselection-window.jpg  

content browser-cmmain-screen.jpg   content browser-cmselection.jpg  

content browser-cmmonitor.jpg   content browser-cmimport-screen.jpg  

Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:04 AM   #41
Inner Circle

Hi Ron

Thanks for that! I still don't have any success though! The Content Browser finds files on my SD card but if I choose "Import" it finds nothing as it's only looking for MP4 files????

Can you import files just from the SDHC card or does the camera need to be connected?? ...If I ask it simply to browse files it finds them on the card and will also play them fine but then the import option is greyed out!!

Noa?? In the box is a piece of paper saying "Content Browser.. NXCAM Activation pack" and below that are three sets of numbers (mine start with X9T.......) I went to help and register and it accepted the first number..Dunno why there are three though!!

Chris
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:28 AM   #42
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
Most Sony boxes have it on the shipping label.
I can't find it anywhere, I contacted my supplier again, see if they can help me further. Don't understand why Sony is making this so difficult.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM   #43
Inner Circle

Doh! just found it, it was in between all the manuals that came with the camera. :)
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:56 AM   #44
Inner Circle

With my NX30 it just needed the camera connected when the software was loaded and I expect it got the serial number from the camera. The version for the NX30 is 2.1.01.11180 and the one I have been using for my NX5U is 2.1.00.05171. They seem to work the same way and so I expect the newer version allows for AVCHD 2.0 60P .

This is how it looks for the NX30 clips selection .

Ron Evans
Attached Thumbnails
content browser-nx30cm.jpg  
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:12 AM   #45
Inner Circle

Chris , this is the SD card with some clips from the NX30. Load Content manager, connect the card reader, click on the camera icon top left of screen and then this screen will open for you to select the clips you want to import.

Ron Evans
Attached Thumbnails
content browser-sd-card-nx30.jpg  
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)