Sigma 19mm F2.8 is great!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Sigma 19mm F2.8 is great!!

Hi Guys

I grabbed a Sigma 19mm for my realty work and it's really nice as a prime on the camera..I mainly shoot full wide with the stock lens and indoors the extra speed makes a big difference too.

Autofocus is a lot quicker than the Sony 18-200 as well ...as you shift from object to object it's almost instant!! (another good point for me) The only downside is that it does unbalance the camera somewhat as the lens is so small so it's now a bit back heavy!!

I think this will be an awesome lens for receptions as well ...I might get the 30mm prime as well but for weddings the 50mm (as nice as it was) just meant I had to be on the other side of the room to shoot stuff like the first dance.

Anybody else using the Sigma 19mm or 30mm ??

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sigma 19mm F2.8 is great!!

Chris have you tried the EA50 with this lens on your steadicam yet? I've been using a 5D on my Merlin for a few weddings now but am about to ditch it as the 30fps is too jittery and as for slow motion - forget it!

The EA50 seems to balance ok but any change of the focal length on the kit lens throws off the balance - wide open is best anyway for steadicam work so I'm guessing the 19mm would be great.

Is this the lens Chris?

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-s...fw7htaodozcata

Does it happily mount the body without an adapter? You mention autofocus but what about Iris - does the camera handle this ok?

So many questions...

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:46 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Sigma 19mm F2.8 is great!!

Hi Pete

I actually balanced the camera on my stedicam prior to getting the Sigma so I shoot with the stock lens ..wide open and it also does a good job. Yep that's the one and they make a 30mm too for the same price. All functions work 100% and no adapter is required ..you just use it as a Sony Lens ...there is full aperture control and focus is fast..however I'm not sure if it has OSS like the Sony 50mm lens???

Gosh it does make the camera heaps lighter too..you tend to forget how heavy the big zoom is!!! It does look a bit silly on the front of the camera but it certainly works well and has a nice sharp image!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)