EA-50K (Body only) is out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:56 AM   #1
Inner Circle

EA-50K (Body only) is out

Hi Guys

For all the DSLR enthusiasts Global MediaPro have the EA-50K now listed at AUS$3020 ..Of course that is a body only model but for those with lots of DSLR lenses and those than don't want a power zoom it might be a nice option.

They have the normal 50H for only $560 more which seems quite cheap for an extra 18-200 power zoom lens

We have to pay 10% tax here so local guys add it into the price so I can have the cam shipped from probably a Singapore warehouse for $3600 + $360 tax or pay a mere $40 more and get it direct from a Sony dealer here ...I think I'll pay the little extra for an in-country supplier.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:45 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: EA-50K (Body only) is out

Quote:
They have the normal 50H for only $560 more which seems quite cheap for an extra 18-200 power zoom lens
If you need the body only that's a good deal but I bet if you buy the lens seperately it will cost more compared to what you now pay less for the body only.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:56 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Yeah Noa

They always make an "all-in-one" deal way less costly...look at motor spares ... they collectively cost many times more than the car's value!!

I guess if you are only going to shoot with primes and already own an inpressive collection then the body only is a good plan. The estimated price for the 18-200 power zoom a while back was $1200 and it was going to be available in March. Hmmm buy the full camera and sell the lens for a profit??

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:31 AM   #4
Trustee

Just spotted the first ebay user to put one up for sale actually ... check out the UK ebay site and type SELP18200

Giving me ideas now ... as I initially just wanted the body only.

If he manages to sell his, I think I will put mine up for sale. As I don't have a need for the auto zoom kit lens although it is a wonderful piece of glass.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Major Player

I need a power zoom for when I film live shows. Problem is that the kit lens a bit too slow for my usual needs. I usually have to set it to 6.3 so light doesn't change... Had it been at least a fixed f4 it would have made tremendous difference.
Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any suitable powerzooms available for less than €10.000!!?!
Dmitri Zigany is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)