Recommend a EA50 camera bag at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old February 5th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Trustee

Recommend a EA50 camera bag

I want a nice padded camera bag, cheap as possible in terms of price. From a UK store preferably.

Big enough to fit my EA50 body, a couple of prime lenses and a VG20 ... (am I asking for too much lol?)

Any help would be appreciated ...
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Recommend a EA50 camera bag

I'm a big fan of the Petrol cases. B&H recommends Petrol PC206 Deca Mini Camporter or Porta Brace CTC-MINI Traveler Camera Case. Both around $150 to $170 I see the Porta Brace at CVP.com in the UK.
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #3
Inner Circle

James - this fits mine (with the microphone on but the viewfinder off) perfectly and a good price - especially for KATA

There's also internal pockets that will store the viewfinder/batteries etc

Kata CC-195 PL (CC195PL) HDV Case for Canon XL series, JVC HD series and similar sized models or HDSLR rigged with video accessories (internal dimensions:H 24cm x L 58cm x W 27cm) (p/n KT PL-CC-195)

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Major Player

i just purchased 3 Kata Capsule 185 bags. they are large and able to store the camera with the shot gun mic intact. not a ton of storage but for the price $45.00 usd you really cant find a better bag out there... even comes with a lens pillow... check the link.

Last edited by Joel Corral; February 18th, 2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: pillow not caddy..oops
Joel Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Huh?? Only 45 dollar, a local dealer here charges over 200 euro for this one! That's a bargain.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #6
Major Player

super good deal did you see the amazon link?
Joel Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #7
Inner Circle

I've bought from LCD4Video before and they're a pretty good outfit. If I needed another bag I'd get one.
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Corral View Post
i just purchased 3 Kata Capsule 185 bags. they are large and able to store the camera with the shot gun mic intact. not a ton of storage but for the price $45.00 usd you really cant find a better bag out there... even comes with a lens pillow... check the link.

Amazon.com: Kata Capsule-185 HDV Case (Gray): Camera & Photo
Cheapest UK price I found ... is £200 so that's $308.

Kata DLC185 Case HDV Capsule | eBay
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I got mine at Amazon for $45. I should have bought two. :)
Robert Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #10
Trustee

I just ordered the Kata 185 too. For $49.00 it is ridiculously cheap. It is a $200.00 bag everywhere else but appears to be discontinued so the Amazon vendor must have picked up a bunch for nothing. I have a ton of bags and cases but I could not pass this one up.

By the way, I am convinced Amazon and other web sites keep "quantities left in stock" at fixed low numbers to stimulate purchasing. I think there has been 5 of then purchased through this thread alone and the number has only changed once. It now says 1 left as it did before I ordered. Get it while you can? They are discontinued.

Steve
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:22 AM   #11
Major Player

Bags with wheels

Need to get a decent bag soon too... I'd like to get a bag with wheels if possible. But even if it's well padded, will the tiny vibrations eventually shake things loose, what do you think?
Dmitri Zigany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #12
Trustee

Dimitry,

I was not kidding when I said I have a lot of cases. With wheels and not. And I spend a lot of time on the road. I worry about vibrations so no matter what gear it is I have to pick it up sometimes because surfaces that rumble are more common than you think.

My EA50 lives in a BIG pelican case with wheels. It is 60 pounds loaded. I bought the Kata for an airline carry on bag so I don't have to let go of the camera. I don't need wheels for a single camera bag. I hope all of the dimensions inside and out work for that?

I am a big fan of Porta Brace bags and willing to pay the premium for it most of the time. The EA50 fits in my old Porta Brace traveler bags for Canon but not well. For $50.00 I figured I can't loose with this Kata. I can let you know what I think when I get it. I can't imagine this deal lasting long though.

Steve
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #13
Inner Circle

I can't order the bag in Europe from Amazon, too bad. Here it's 5 times more expensive...
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #14
Trustee

The Kata bag just arrived. Wow...what a smokin deal! Fifty bucks for a great bag that works like it was made for the EA50. I thought I owned everyones case, lots of PortaBrace stuff, pelican, etc.

This is my first Kata and I will be looking for more. The bag is more rigid and protective than I expected. It is very well made and designed. For $50.00 it is a steal!

This is a camera bag, not a gig bag with tons of room. It is just what I need when I travel and want to pull the camera out of the pelican case. I just packed it with, camera, power, wireless mic receiver attached, two wireless mics ( HH & lav ), and media case. The diopter can stay on but I do not intend to carry it this way often.

It came with a rain cover that could be used to cover a tripod mounted camera in an emergency. The lens pillow could be used as a small bean bag for a shooting rest.

At this closeout price they will disappear fast. Grab one if you need it, anything comparable will be $150.00 or more.

Steve
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #15
Inner Circle

Quote:
The Kata bag just arrived. Wow...what a smokin deal! Fifty bucks for a great bag that works like it was made for the EA50.
Yeah, yeah, rub it in some more...:D
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)