Interview shot with NEX EA50 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Interview shot with NEX EA50

Hi Lee

If you are doing any outdoor shoots once the Summer months arrive, just be careful using PP3 as your bright conditions tend to kill most of the chroma and you get a very washed out image... I found that PP3 is really nice for indoor shoots but you do need to ramp up the profile on bright Summer days or just set the profile to "OFF" ...The default does a good job outdoors!!! I do like PP3 for indoor shoots and use that for wedding receptions at night. The bright CineAble profile works well with full sun shoots but is a bit dark if you venture into open shade!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #17
Major Player

Chris:
Thanks for the advice on PP3. I shot some outdoors last week and it does look a bit washed out. I have a shoot next week at some universities and community colleges so I can try turing PP off on the exteriors.
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Lee

Noa has suggested PP5 for outdoors but his look and others may differ. I also remarked in another post that it's actually easier to up the saturation in post than to try to de-saturate footage in post.

I'm still looking for a mod to the existing presets that will give me a nice saturation in both bright sun and shade too without have to resort to one profile for sun and another for shade! Weddings are somewhat time managed so you need to be on the ball and often there is little time to fiddle with settings!

If I have some time tomorrow I might shoot a nice green outdoor scene with all profiles and then another in deep shade and see which looks best!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)