Lens Hoods for ND Filters at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old March 20th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #1
New Boot

Lens Hoods for ND Filters

I've been following the recommendations here about ND filters and have tested out a few. I went with the Genustech 67mm Variable ND and Tiffen 77mm Variable ND. I'm using the Rokinon 35mm T1.5 Cine Lens (77mm) and the stock l18-200mm Servo Zoom Lens (67mm).

I'm having some fit issues with the filters and lens hoods. First, the Genustech won't reach the lens threads when putting it on with the stock hood. The Tiffen can't be installed with the Rokinon hood because I can't grip my fingers to portion that screws into the lens threads.

Has anyone else here had similar issues and what have they done to address it? I'd rather not go with a matte box.
Wes Browning is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)