Genus Eclipse ND Fader filter test - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old April 4th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: Genus Eclipse ND Fader filter test

Yeah I got mine really quick as well. I don't like that it doesn't stop on the min/max ends of filtering. On the Heliopan for example when you rotate it, it will stop when it hits the min and max amounts. The Genus Eclipse filter doesn't have any stops so it just keeps rotating, meaning I have to look up from the oled viewfinder, set it to min visually, then back to the viewfinder to make my adjustments. Not a huge thing but I like how on the Heliopan I can set it blind without ever leaving the viewfinder. The hood on the Genus Eclipse though is very cool, I think it vignettes slightly on my full frame video camera at 50mm, but at 70mm It seems ok (at full hood extension), although I haven't really tested that in detail. What's neat about it is that I can use the hood and still tweak the nd setting on the filter. With the Heliopan you can put the lens hood on there, but then you can't really adjust the nd filter setting after that because it gets blocked. Anyways I have a shoot tomorrow so I may give it a whirl.
Peter Siamidis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)