DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/)
-   -   Fish Eye - E mount (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/515406-fish-eye-e-mount.html)

Dave Vickers March 29th, 2013 05:06 AM

Fish Eye - E mount

My EA 50 is in the post :) - anyone used one of the various e-mount fish eye lenses available out there? I'm looking at Rokinon 8mm and Walimex Pro 8 mm f/2.8, but any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

James Manford March 29th, 2013 05:33 AM

Re: Fish Eye - E mount

Congrats, welcome to the party! lol

I don't have personal experience with the Rokinon or Walimex fisheyes.

A Cheaper option would be to buy a F2.8 16mm E mount and then buy the Fisheye Adapter.

Or the Ultra Wide adapter (which is actually what I use).

Dave Vickers March 29th, 2013 05:49 AM

haha I know!

Okay are they any good those 2 options? They are a bit expensive here in Spain too - I'd save very little tbh.

James Manford March 29th, 2013 10:44 AM

Considering how expensive they are, I would guess you get what you pay for.

So go for it!

I know Noa an active user of this forum has a range of Walimex and Rokinon lenses which he uses often.

So they are definitely good quality glass no doubt!

Noa Put March 29th, 2013 11:24 AM

The 8mm I don't have and there is also a 10mm f2.8 available but have not seen it in the stores yet. There is also a cheap 6.5mm f3.5 Opteka available but not sure if it fits emount camera's. I do have the 14, 24, 35 and 85mm for rokinon (called samyang here) and only from the 14mm I have read it's supposed to be less sharp, my favorite lens now is the 24mm :)

Dave Vickers March 30th, 2013 02:39 AM

Thanks guys - good info.

I'll check the blog too. The Samyang looks like a good option - unfortunately got a job in a week so no time for Amazon. So off to my local Spanish Lens shop to get fleeced ;)

Camera arrives wednesday!!!!

Dave Vickers March 30th, 2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1787366)
The 8mm I don't have and there is also a 10mm f2.8 available but have not seen it in the stores yet. There is also a cheap 6.5mm f3.5 Opteka available but not sure if it fits emount camera's. I do have the 14, 24, 35 and 85mm for rokinon (called samyang here) and only from the 14mm I have read it's supposed to be less sharp, my favorite lens now is the 24mm :)

This guy is raving about it - sounds good.

Rokinon 8mm F/2.8 Fisheye review

Robert Moran April 1st, 2013 08:14 PM

I use a 16mm nikkor fisheye. It rocks.

Paul Wood April 2nd, 2013 04:27 AM

Dave,
Did you try digitaltoyshop for lenses? - they are somewhere down your way, and I found them to be OK on prices and delivery to Madrid.

Dave Vickers April 6th, 2013 05:43 AM

That's a top tip!! Thanks. For once there's something in Malaga except tapas and temperature! Great online shop and a walk in for me too. ;)