DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/)
-   -   Picture Profile I've been working on - "Version 1" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/515644-picture-profile-ive-been-working-version-1-a.html)

Jerome Cloninger April 6th, 2013 09:47 PM

Picture Profile I've been working on - "Version 1"

I took the kids to the park and tested this new preset I've been working on formed via several I found online for the FS100. I'm wanting a "general purpose" preset that could go out with little or no CC required or will CC pretty good in post. Learning a little about Details settings too. ALL of this is handheld. Lugging a tripod around the park and downtown with kids isn't a wise idea ;-) There's MINIMAL CC/Levels adjustment done to this. All night shots are with the Rokinon 35mm T1.5 cine lens except the carnival shots at the end (1st one is the Rokinon though)which is with the stock lens. ISO downtown was 1600. Carnival was 2000 and was filmed from across the street. Note, I did NOT use ND filter as it was getting kind of dusky.

Settings so far:
BLACK LEVEL: 0 (May need to adjust this as the scene dictates???)
GAMMA: Cinematone1
BLACK GAMMA: High LEVEL: +4
KNEE: Manual POINT: 102.5% SLOPE: -1
COLOR MODE: Cinematone1 LEVEL: 8 (I think I screwed up messing around somewhere earlier. I had this on Cinematone2, but when I looked to type this all down, it was on Cinematone1. I'll change this in the next test. I thought the colors looked a little off from what I was expecting!)
COLOR LEVEL: 0
COLOR PHASE: 0
COLOR DEPTH: R -1, G -2, B -1, C 0, M -4, Y +5
WB SHIFT: NOTHING... ALL 0
DETAIL: -5 (I need to tweak this more, because of aliasing. It's not as much as "OFF" PP though. Trying to find the balance of nice sharp image trading off to aliasing.)
MANUAL SET: ON
V/H BALANCE: 0
B/W BALANCE: TYPE3
LIMIT: 2
CRISPENING: 5
HILIGHT DETAIL: 2
PS... My favorite shot starts at :29. I got lucky!
Feel free to let me know what you think.

James Manford April 7th, 2013 12:23 PM

Re: Picture Profile I've been working on - "Version 1"

LOL I wouldn't do that either ... (cross the bridge that is!)

The pre-set looks quite accurate.

Jerome Cloninger April 7th, 2013 07:52 PM

Thanks James. Still a few things to iron out, but I'm digging it so far.
That bridge isn't anything. It barely swings. The funny thing is, he's gone across it before! LOL!

James Manford April 8th, 2013 03:57 AM

Im not a fan of wobbly bridges. Or anything high and wobbly! should of seen the drama I caused when I went on a ferris wheel at Six Flags in Holland.

Give me rollercoasters, or anything where im strapped in tight and I won't be scared or worried one bit!

Anyway, back on topic.

Have you tried the profile indoors yet?

Jerome Cloninger April 8th, 2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Manford (Post 1789374)
Have you tried the profile indoors yet?

Yes and no. In camera and just bits and pieces clips, depending on how dark it is, need to adjust the Black Level. I made a couple of changes to it and liking what I see more now. I'll try to film some stuff indoors and outdoors later today and put it through its paces. Cinegamma2 for Color needs to be on. It didn't look bad with #1, but #2 has more of what I was anticipating. I wonder how I switched it... maybe just going through the settings fast or something.