DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/)
-   -   JR45CINE2 profile (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/515694-jr45cine2-profile.html)

Noa Put April 8th, 2013 04:04 PM

JR45CINE2 profile

I tried the JR45CINE2 abelcine picture profile and used color level -2 instead of Color Level -4 at a wedding last Saturday. I was pretty surprised how much dynamic range I was able to get and how easy it was able to pull details back out of blown highlights.
I just placed some random clips made throughout the day, inside and out, all handheld and all with the JR45CINE2 preset on vimeo. I did a yuv correction, increased the chroma value a bit, added sharpness (since the preset was on -7 for sharpness) and changed the aspect ratio. I was after getting a more cinematic look.

I won't be placing the link and password publicly in this forum as I don't have permission to show anything yet (and I don't want it to be picked up by google search engines) but only for those that would like to see how it looks let me know and I will send the link/password but have to ask to not share any further, I also would like to know what you think of this preset, my impression is that the overall color was more balanced and the skintones softer which made imperfections disappear (what the girls in the film will appreciate :) I did like the overall look though for the inside and outside shots.

Justin Turner April 8th, 2013 04:21 PM

Re: JR45CINE2 profile

Hi Noa,

Just sent you a message, I have played with this same profile and would love to see your results!

Noa Put April 8th, 2013 04:29 PM

pm'd you the link, about the pink skintones you mentioned, there was one clip I included of the dancing in the evening where I had this too pink skintones as well, I only am not 100% sure anymore if I used another preset at that moment because my other clips don't have that. Too bad you can't see during playback of the clips in camera what preset was used.

Justin Turner April 8th, 2013 04:38 PM

Thanks Noa,

I replies via email but probably easier to replay here.

Thanks for the clip. I like the profile, I think the colour looks natural. I did see the pink tone in the dancing. It almost looked like the DJ used pink lighting? Other then that it looked great in all scenes.

Did you shoot that on auto WB or do you adjust when needed?

I will be doing more testing with that profile myself today!

Noa Put April 9th, 2013 12:14 AM

The indoor shots in the venue, starting from the reception, all have a fixed indoor wb preset, during the rest of the day there often was a mixture of indoor and outdoor light and because I mostly don't have time to make a accurate wb I just let the camera handle it which I think it does very well.
I also think now it must have been the lights from the dj that is causing the pink faces in that one shot, can't think of another reason.