What a Buy! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old April 15th, 2013, 04:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

What a Buy!

I researched for ages what cam to get next as I knew DSLR wouldn't entirely suit my style. The large format/videocam combo of the EA50 looked good to me. I've just taken the EA50 on its first job in Tenerife shooting a Vacation Promo and WOW! The rushes look amazing - I'm chuffed to bits with it all, I filmed everything from Jetskis to Bathrooms. Stunning quality, a real major-cost cam feel, brilliant colours and with my little f1.8 50mm Sony prime - the nightclub shots are off the scale! I'll post the Vid in a week or so when I get time.

:)
Dave Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: What a Buy!

Hi Dave

Glad to see another fan of the EA-50 ..I get the same results when I look at the raw footage! I have two EA-50's which should indicate my extreme satisfaction. I let my 2nd shooter use one on the wedding we did on 12th and she too was blown away with just about everything mumbling "I have to get me one of these"

Just for interest I shot with the 50's at the outdoor wedding ceremony using PP3 profile and lifted the saturation in post just a tad and the footage matches my GoPro that I used as a 3rd high view camera perfectly!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Great tip - I use a lot of Go Pro on car shoots - it's always a nightmare matching up :)
Dave Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Major Player

Pull some yellows out of the highlights and drop their brightness a tad. Usually a good start for matching a GoPro to a better camera.
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I'll give it a go - just done one. Many thanks
Dave Vickers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)