DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/)
-   -   New EA50 and a big thank you (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/515892-new-ea50-big-thank-you.html)

Ray Lee April 17th, 2013 12:52 PM

New EA50 and a big thank you

Just got my EA50 and am just blown away coming from DSLRs...

Want to thank everyone on this forum, spent a lot of time reading your posts and I felt like I really understood what I was buying (both pros and cons)

James Manford April 17th, 2013 01:52 PM

Re: New EA50 and a big thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Lee (Post 1791047)
Just got my EA50 and am just blown away coming from DSLRs...

Want to thank everyone on this forum, spent a lot of time reading your posts and I felt like I really understood what I was buying (both pros and cons)

Welcome!

That's the whole point of this online community.

Gives anybody the confidence to learn something new!

I've learnt a shed load of things since I signed up here.

Jerome Cloninger April 17th, 2013 02:34 PM

I don't know if I helped any, but yes "thank you" to all in this group. It's helped me out too!
Now go film something, have fun and post! :-)

Ray Lee April 17th, 2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome Cloninger (Post 1791058)
I don't know if I helped any, but yes "thank you" to all in this group. It's helped me out too!
Now go film something, have fun and post! :-)

Your NASCAR works sealed the deal for me.. being able to see the EA50 in action at an event where you cant direct the talent re shoot or even take much time often shooting all day (not just in good light) really hit home.

For me this is going to be a great "do it all" camera... feels great on a tripod with follow focus and manual lenses and in 2 seconds I can pull it off the rails slap on the kit lens and go shoulder for chasing people around a paddock

Having the option to buy a VG30/20 body as a B camera is also going to be huge for me.

Jerome Cloninger April 17th, 2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Lee (Post 1791072)
Your NASCAR works sealed the deal for me.. being able to see the EA50 in action at an event where you cant direct the talent re shoot or even take much time often shooting all day (not just in good light) really hit home.

For me this is going to be a great "do it all" camera... feels great on a tripod with follow focus and manual lenses and in 2 seconds I can pull it off the rails slap on the kit lens and go shoulder for chasing people around a paddock

Having the option to buy a VG30/20 body as a B camera is also going to be huge for me.

Well that's cool! Find and get used to the limitations of the camera... then work around them. Get the Genustech Eclipse ND Filter -- 77mm and step rings...

If I get back into weddings or the like, the VG30 would be my choice for B cameras...

Have fun! Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

OH! I have another project coming up needing some different shots and I just bought a Konova Slider. Can't wait!

Steven Digges April 17th, 2013 08:05 PM

Welcome Ray. Good to see new blood in the group! I get a kick out of discussing this camera with guys all over the world here. We are all in the same boat. There is tons of great info but soon you may get to "know" some of us.

Steve

Peter Rush April 18th, 2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Lee (Post 1791072)

I find my VG-20 compliments the EA50 nicely :)

Robert Moran April 19th, 2013 05:20 PM

Me too. The 20 and 50 are perfectly matched without question.