New EA50 and a big thank you at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old April 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New EA50 and a big thank you

Just got my EA50 and am just blown away coming from DSLRs...

Want to thank everyone on this forum, spent a lot of time reading your posts and I felt like I really understood what I was buying (both pros and cons)
Ray Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: New EA50 and a big thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lee View Post
Just got my EA50 and am just blown away coming from DSLRs...

Want to thank everyone on this forum, spent a lot of time reading your posts and I felt like I really understood what I was buying (both pros and cons)
Welcome!

That's the whole point of this online community.

Gives anybody the confidence to learn something new!

I've learnt a shed load of things since I signed up here.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #3
Major Player

I don't know if I helped any, but yes "thank you" to all in this group. It's helped me out too!
Now go film something, have fun and post! :-)
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Cloninger View Post
I don't know if I helped any, but yes "thank you" to all in this group. It's helped me out too!
Now go film something, have fun and post! :-)
Your NASCAR works sealed the deal for me.. being able to see the EA50 in action at an event where you cant direct the talent re shoot or even take much time often shooting all day (not just in good light) really hit home.

For me this is going to be a great "do it all" camera... feels great on a tripod with follow focus and manual lenses and in 2 seconds I can pull it off the rails slap on the kit lens and go shoulder for chasing people around a paddock

Having the option to buy a VG30/20 body as a B camera is also going to be huge for me.
Ray Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Your NASCAR works sealed the deal for me.. being able to see the EA50 in action at an event where you cant direct the talent re shoot or even take much time often shooting all day (not just in good light) really hit home.

For me this is going to be a great "do it all" camera... feels great on a tripod with follow focus and manual lenses and in 2 seconds I can pull it off the rails slap on the kit lens and go shoulder for chasing people around a paddock

Having the option to buy a VG30/20 body as a B camera is also going to be huge for me.
Well that's cool! Find and get used to the limitations of the camera... then work around them. Get the Genustech Eclipse ND Filter -- 77mm and step rings...

If I get back into weddings or the like, the VG30 would be my choice for B cameras...

Have fun! Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

OH! I have another project coming up needing some different shots and I just bought a Konova Slider. Can't wait!
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #6
Trustee

Welcome Ray. Good to see new blood in the group! I get a kick out of discussing this camera with guys all over the world here. We are all in the same boat. There is tons of great info but soon you may get to "know" some of us.

Steve
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:57 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:

I find my VG-20 compliments the EA50 nicely :)
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Me too. The 20 and 50 are perfectly matched without question.
Robert Moran is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)