DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/)
-   -   WB - Preset A and B (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/516666-wb-preset-b.html)

Marc Van Langendonck May 20th, 2013 05:36 AM

WB - Preset A and B

I'am a New bee wit the EA50...

Is it possible to memorize a known WB for exemp. 3.400° K in memory A and 5.800° K in memory B?

Chris Harding May 20th, 2013 05:49 AM

Re: WB - Preset A and B

Hi Marc

You can only store one preset in Kelvin and it has to be done via the menu under camera set, WB preset. To store A and B settings you have to physically do a manual WB indoors and save under "B" then one outdoors and svae under "A"

That's how I read the camera manual but I could be wrong!! Noa would know as he is a "manual" guy!!

Chris

Steven Digges May 20th, 2013 10:41 AM

Marc,

The camera is set up the way Chris described for a reason. I suggest setting the menu selectable presets for standard daylight or tungsten, whatever you prefer. “A” & “B” presets are there to quickly give you a perfect white balance under many lighting situations. Unless your shooting under controlled and repeatable situations like a studio I would not set A or B and let it ride. I would not assume all tungsten and all daylight go by the book numbers. Set A or B once for each shoot and they will hold it even while you turn the camera off. Cameras detect changes in light we don’t see because our brain compensates for the change. If you are moving around with the camera in and out of changing light, auto WB is sometimes your best bet. When the light source is fixed I dial in with A or B.

Steve

Chris Harding May 20th, 2013 07:27 PM

Hi Marc

99% of the time I use AutoWB and it doesn't let me down even in mixed light ...it's pretty quick adjusting too!! Suggested is run AutoWB and then either use manual or dial in a setting in places where the WB just won't handle it ... I have yet to find where the Auto has failed me so it is pretty good unless you purposely want to mess with colours .... If it's a special shoot (say like a sunset where you want to push the reds/oranges) you can also do this in a Picture Profile and store it in the camera

Chris

Marc Van Langendonck May 21st, 2013 09:04 AM

Thanks folks for the quick response!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1796487)
Hi Marc

99% of the time I use AutoWB and it doesn't let me down even in mixed light ...it's pretty quick adjusting too!! Suggested is run AutoWB and then either use manual or dial in a setting in places where the WB just won't handle it ... I have yet to find where the Auto has failed me so it is pretty good unless you purposely want to mess with colours .... If it's a special shoot (say like a sunset where you want to push the reds/oranges) you can also do this in a Picture Profile and store it in the camera

Chris