Social Event Teaser at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old August 7th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Social Event Teaser

This is from one of the 1st social events I shot with the camera. It's enjoyable to work with this camera. It would be nice to see an aftermarket rail system that extends the rear shoulder pad back further with a lock that prevents the shoulder pad from slowly moving forward, the stock mount is always moving forward....that would make the form factor even better.

The sony 50mm f 1.8 is an enjoyable lens to shoot with, it's just plain fun.

Best,

Scott
Scott Nocella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Social Event Teaser

Hey Scott

Nice shooting ...I don't like primes as 50mm is just too far away for me from the subject!

Both my cameras have the wireless receivers mounted behind the shoulder pad and those sit on a piece of aluminium flat bar. The bar is bolted into the 1/4" threads of the pad (on the top) and extends right to the camera and that stops the pad sliding back on the rails. Works a treat and a little extra weight behind the pad is good too.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Social Event Teaser

I like the 50mm, definitely on my hit list. I've been using a 50mm on my DSLR's for video for years, and I've always loved it.
Chris Quevedo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)