DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/)
-   -   Wishlist for Sony NEX-EA60 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/518243-wishlist-sony-nex-ea60.html)

Chris Quevedo August 12th, 2013 12:28 AM

Wishlist for Sony NEX-EA60

thought I'd ask what everyone would like included in the next edition of this camera.

ND filters are obvious ;-)

James Manford August 12th, 2013 01:29 AM

Re: Wishlist for Sony NEX-EA60

BETTER LOW LIGHT CAPABILITY!!

Otherwise i've become used to my EA50 and it's now already near enough perfect for what I use it for.

Peter Rush August 12th, 2013 03:08 AM

EXPOSURE LOCK - like the VG-20 has - really useful - also ND filters of course

Chris Quevedo August 12th, 2013 05:25 AM

what do you mean by exposure lock? why isn't just manual controls enough?

Neil Chamberlain August 12th, 2013 07:40 AM

Hi - yes - Exposure Lock - so you can just lock the automatically found exposure. This is big issue for me (and many others I'd guess) as, by temporarily locking the exposure, it stops the camera compensating as, for example, a presenter walks past a window in the background on an interior piece to camera.

In the stuff I do with the EA50 (love the camera actually) it is so annoying when you set the exposure and have to trawl through the menus to set things manually when a simple one-touch command (e.g. one of the assign buttons) could do this. Even the Sony SLT's (e.g. for a55 to a77) and NEX series (e.g. NEX 5N and up) have this simple AEL function. A couple of lines of code would surely fix this one!

Regs, Neil.

Peter Rush August 12th, 2013 07:49 AM

With the VG20 if you are using autoexposure you simply press the 'manual' button and the settings for iris/gain/shutter speed are locked - It is useful occasionally.

Steven Digges August 12th, 2013 03:16 PM

A sliding viewfinder adjustment like many other shoulder type cameras have. I am a lefty, the diopter is too close to the camera body for us. This is my BIG ONE.

Some kind of a shift button for the six preset buttons so you could keep the standard ones and add six more of your own.

An exposure meter like all my Canons have.

No Sony FMU, add a second SD card slot.

Fire wire.

A wheel for exposure compensation instead of the menu.

Less menu jumping, especially for ISO/Gain.

But really, for the price I consider this camera very feature rich. My list of things I like about it would be much longer.

Steve

Dmitri Zigany August 13th, 2013 07:17 PM

I want the auto iris next to the zoom rocker to be reprogrammable. For example I'd like to have the push auto focus there instead. But I want that in a firmware upgrade for the EA50 ;)
Or even better, I want the PHOTO button to function as push auto focus in video mode...

Ray Lee August 13th, 2013 09:30 PM

a focus on/off or focus hold button where the photo button is on the grip
shorter viewfinder (less shoulder pad extension needed)
ISO wheel instead of the 3 way switch
2 SD card slots

and keeping the price the same

The lack of ND filter really doesn't bother me... probably having such a low base ISO vs. the other Sony cameras is kinda a wash (160 vs. 500ish) I often shoot outdoors in daylight (and have lights for indoors) so having a respectably low base ISO has been really nice

Really love the camera, probably the shortest wish list I have ever had for a piece of gear

Dmitri Zigany August 14th, 2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Lee (Post 1808486)
The lack of ND filter really doesn't bother me... probably having such a low base ISO vs. the other Sony cameras is kinda a wash (160 vs. 500ish) I often shoot outdoors in daylight (and have lights for indoors) so having a respectably low base ISO has been really nice

I'm shooting mostly in dark places, so lack of ND filters doesn't bother me much either. But I could would upgrade to a FS100 or FS700 the second I could afford it for improved picture and light sensitivity. Will be interesting to see what the FS700R brings to the table... Maybe there will be a EA50R down the line too? ;)

Randy Johnson August 15th, 2013 05:06 PM

better lay out of the focus/zoom it seems like the focus should be farther away than the zoom and I keep grabbing the wrong one. I know its a lens thing not a camera thing but its a observation.

James Hobert August 18th, 2013 01:12 PM

Better low-light
3G/SDI-Out.

Done.