Blu ray problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old August 16th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Blu ray problem

I have a client who says that the Blu ray disc I made for them doesn't play on their player. It is a 25p disc that I know people say is not compatible with Blu-ray but it works fine on my Panasonic player It was created from the 25p timeline in Final Cut via the share to Blu-ray option. Thanks for any light anyone might shed on this issue.
James Hollingsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Blu ray problem

hi james,

maybe if you could walk us thru your workflow? what software did you burn the blu-ray with, and the brand and model of your blu-ray player in your office? is the client asking for a PAL blu-ray? just some more details to help understand your situation
Chris Quevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I edit the film in final cut pro 7 on a 25p timeline, render then export. I import the file to Final cut pro and place on a new timeline. Add chapters etc and then File>Share to Blu ray via compressor. This workflow has always worked fine in the past but always with a 1080i timeline. I tried the 25p route and as it worked fine on my Panasonic BS750 player, assumed it work on others. I wonder if the problem might be that the client's player can't play BD-Rs. I have asked for the make and model of their player but no reply yet. I have no idea if Final cut might be creating a 1080i Blu ray in its own process, I thought it must be as all my research on the net seems to dictate that Blu-ray doesn't do 25p. As I said, it works fine on my player so something is amiss.
Old August 16th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Major Player

James,

Some older BluRay players don't play burnt BD discs . Try to see if you can deliver .mp4 file digitally or if not and you were paid well enough go purchase them a cheep BluRay player ( 50 bucks now) that plays BD-r DISCs.
Joel Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Joel, i already provide them with mp4's as well. So you don't think it is the 25p that is the problem but the player not being able to play bd-rs. Some people say that modern players can play 25p which must mean that t is now an acceptable format.
Old August 17th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Perhaps the media is an issue. Older Blu-ray players (and burners) do not recognize the newer LTH Blu-ray discs.
Fred Tims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #7
Major Player

I bet you its a hardware issue... take the disc to a local audio/video store and see if it plays in their floor samples.....
Joel Corral is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)