Moire and aliasing (best in-camera settings) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old March 8th, 2014, 03:11 PM   #16
New Boot

Re: Moire and aliasing (best in-camera settings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Wittbusch View Post
As I wrote before, try the JR45CINE2 from Abel Cine which was transferred to the EA50 here:

Porting Abel cine profiles from the Sony fs100 to the Sony nex-ea50 | Sony nex ea50 user blog

I did not have that much moire problems since then. It's specialy the detail settings which adress the moire, but you can't avoid it. It's often easier to avoid small patterns (i.e. shirts with small patterns).

In the end, I purchased a used FS100 and will sell my EA50...
Hi@all!
Anyone knows where the blog can be found?
Thanks

Last edited by Wolfgang Wally; March 8th, 2014 at 03:12 PM. Reason: wrong words
Wolfgang Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 07:35 PM   #17
Inner Circle

It seems since Noa sold his EA-50 he also decided not to keep his blog up!!

What a pity as it had some very useful information in it for other EA-50 users...Maybe it could be uploaded here and made a sticky ??? Anyway if it's gone then it's gone and we lose out sadly!!

OK the link for the profiles is : New FS100 Scene Files from AbelCine | CineTechnica

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #18
New Boot

late, but not too late: thanks!
Old March 17th, 2014, 06:08 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
It seems since Noa sold his EA-50 he also decided not to keep his blog up!!
It's still there, I only messed up when I wanted to rename the blog, I had all my posts backed up on a local server so it was all safe but I needed to find the time to reupload all to a new wordpress blog, the blog is currently live but still many pictures are missing that I have to manually reupload from my local server to the online wordpress blog and since that was still not ready I decided to keep the blog of teh grid as long as it was not complete again.

Just for Wolfgang I completed that post with images so he can have a look, it mentions the deviating settings he need to dial into his nex-ea50.

It will take some time for me to have the blog error free but I"m working on it, every day a little bit :)

Here's the post:

Porting Abel cine profiles from the Sony fs100 to the Sony nex-ea50 | Accidental videographer
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 03:15 AM   #20
New Boot

Hi Noa!
Thanks for "reupload"! :-) I'll take a look to the setings and test it. Do you know which is the "best" for wedding? I know "What is the best"? Its very dificult to take a "general-setting" for all moments. But maybe there is a approximate "Allround-Solution"?
Old March 29th, 2015, 04:35 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Wittbusch View Post
To avoid moirés:
I used PP3 at the beginnig but had some bad experience with shirts with fine patterns.
After that I just turned down the detail to -3/-4 and used one of the abel cine profiles converted from the FS100 to the EA50. It was the AB_JR45_CINE2. That was better then.
Has someone else uses this method?
if yes, impressions?
Thanks
Serggio Lamas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)