Tokina 11-16 with speedbooster, vignette or not? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old September 10th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Tokina 11-16 with speedbooster, vignette or not?

Does anyone use this lens with the speedbooster on the ea50? Does it vignette? Have been debating whether to get this lens, because atm my widest lens is a 15mm beside fisheyes.

I met one of the engineers that designed this particular lens, and it was pretty cool by just looking at the serial number he could tell what improvements they did afterwards.

Chris, I saw on ur previous posts that you use this lens, its with a speedbooster or a normal metabones adapter?
David Wibowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Tokina 11-16 with speedbooster, vignette or not?

Hi David

It's from my Nikon kit as I also do Real Estate photography and video but I only use a Novoflex adapter with the lens. There is no vignetting at all with the Novoflex but since the Metabones booster claims to make the lens wider it just might have an issue but shouldn't cause any issues on a standard adapter.

I think it's an awesome lens regardless ... Constant F2.8 and lets in plenty of light !!!

I really don't want to have to struggle with tiny DOF so F2.8 really suits me ...I'd love an F1.4 zoom BUT playing with only inches of DOF at weddings is a bit scary!!! Noa uses a 85mm at F1.4 but he is probably more skilled than I am ....knowing me the darn bride's face would be fuzzy and then I would be in HUGE trouble so I stick to F2.8's as my fastest lenses

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Tokina 11-16 with speedbooster, vignette or not?

Thanks Chris,

I'll find out if it vignettes in a few weeks....if not the tokina a diff aps-c lens.

The craziest focus pull I've done is using a 800mm f5.6 using a 2x multplier....making it a 1600mm lens....the tripod itself had to be extra weighted down with 8 shot bags.
David Wibowo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)