Lens Recommendations at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old September 25th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Lens Recommendations

I am looking for two moderately priced prime auto focus lens' for my EA50's:

- approx. 70mm @ f4
- approx. 125mm @ f4

they will be used for live events with decent ambient lighting used simultaneously (70mm on the wide and 125mm on the tight) Any suggestions would be fantastic.

JC
Joel Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Lens Recommendations

I'm looking to get the new Sony 18-105 power zoom for use filming live events when it's released...
I sometime use the 50mm 1.8 with the digital zoom, it's working ok. But the 50mm seems much slower at autozoom and face recognition than the stock 18-200PZ...

Not really sure what other alternatives there are. Maybe the A lenses with the adapter? Can you use autozoom and face recognition with metabones adapters?
Dmitri Zigany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Lens Recommendations

that lens seems to be a good option with a good range @f4 constant. wonder what it will run? i have decided to stay away from adapters and will see what E mounts i can find.

JC
Joel Corral is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)