EA50 dilemma at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old October 10th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

EA50 dilemma

So, I just had something come up that means I have to go out of town for about 6 months at least and render my EA50 as a dust collector in that time.

I'm looking at opinions, would it be better to sell now and buy a used one later (or hopefully upgrade to a newer permutation EA55-making up the model number although EA75 does have a nice ring to it) or just hold onto it now.

I'm thinking if it will be at least a year, the depreciation would hit it pretty hard.

PS. Camera wise I'm totally happy with it, and been used almost day in and day out since I bought it.
David Wibowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: EA50 dilemma

Out of town for 6 months and not taking it with you? Incarceration?

Keep it. We all know buying technology is a poor investment. The only way to get a positive ROI is to earn money with the tool. It will still be the same camera when you get back that it is now. It depreciated the day you bought it.

Steve
Old October 10th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Not worth your while selling if you'd consider buying one back second hand in 6 months. You know the history and previous usage of your own - that peace of mind is worth something.
Ryan James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Trustee

Only 6 months?

Keep it ... it's already depreciated.

Witnessed one sell for £1750 on ebay and they go for £2700 new at a reputable store.
James Manford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)