Do you know me? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old January 26th, 2014, 01:54 PM   #1
Trustee

Do you know me?

Hey Guys,

This is not an EA50 post but I think it is OK. This is the sub forum that I hang out in the most. After a couple of years bantering with some of the other regulars here I fell like I almost know you.

This week Chris Hurd published an article I wrote on the DVINFO home page. I know many of you have your bookmarks set to go straight to the forum and miss some of the articles. So I am mentioning it here. At the top of every page in the forum the Home, link or the DVI logo hyperlink take you to the content section. The true home of DVINFO.

The article is titled The Evolution of My Industry and is currently on the home page. Don Bloom started a thread in the forum, DVI anouncements, for comments on the article. If you would like to comment on it please do it there.

The article is about my experience in our industry and I poke fun at video guys in general. It is not to be taken too seriously but you will understand more about where my posts come from if you read it. Satirical humor and all.

I am not going to promote this thing all over the place. But I did want to mention it here because the EA50 sub forum is my behind the scenes hang out at the forum.

Article: The Evolution of My Industry at DV Info Net

Discussion thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-...nail-head.html

All of you may not like some of the things I say, but I hope all of you enjoy it!

Kind Regards,

Steve
Old January 26th, 2014, 05:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Do you know me?

Hi Steven,

I did read the article a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it.

As one of the younger video guys who got into the industry at the very end of the "tape generation", it's interesting to see it from the perspective of someone who has worked through the various format changes.

Also, your categorising of the various factions really hit the nail on the head. Very funny stuff.

Interestingly, the question the article left me with was "would I hang off the side of a mountain to get the shot?".

In short, not a chance, I don't like heights ;)
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 05:46 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: Do you know me?

Hi Jody,

Thank you for the kind words. I am very comfortable on the end of a rope. That was fun for me. It is very difficult to handle a big heavy camera out there, though. I was at the end of that rope for almost 4 hours! That part was pretty brutal.

We should keep comments about the article in the existing discussion thread for it so I am not guilty of spreading it around the forum:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-...nail-head.html

Since much of the article is about me I am self conscience about promoting it. But I did want to make sure that you guys here in the EA50 forum knew it was there.

Last edited by Steven Digges; January 26th, 2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: fix link
Steven Digges is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)